Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Polders/Tuesday Morning/Spice Cooks

Options
Grillin' Bill
Grillin' Bill Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spice Cooks thanks for the tip about the Polders. Yes, I did go after I saw your post, bought 4 Polders, 2 grill brushes, a grill topper, a stir fry basket and 3 cookbooks. 2 books on grilling and another on entertaining by Williams and Sonoma. The book called the Ultimate Grill Book looked good but I never cooked anything from it. Great Grillin looked ok.[p]I've beenshopping at Tuesday Morning for about 3 Years. The manager of store her in Roanoke told me that each year about this time they sell a lot of griling supplies. Eggers may want to keep this in mind not only for this year but for next year. I sold 3 Polders in the store to other customers just wondering around, and one to the store manager.[p]Tuesday Morning is a good place to buy gifts--wedding, Christmas and birthdays. Prices a reasonable ie all 3 books were only about $42.oo. My wife went back to the store and bought several cookbooks to give for presents.[p]So go and check them out near you.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Grillin' Bill, Everyone keeps talking about the Polders. What exactly is it? A thermometer? Thanks

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Shirl,
    It's a remote thermometer and timer. You place the temperature probe into the thickest part of the meat and run the attached cable outside the Egg (or [gasp] oven) and plug it into the display unit. You can set the unit for total cooking time, or a specific internal temp, at which point the unit's alarm will sound to alert you that the meat is done. It's a very handy gadget. You don't have to open the Egg to check your internal temps....

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Gotta laugh at this one. Went to Tues Morning and invested in a new Polder (and a grill basket and a.....). Got it home and discovered the Celsius display. I thought AHA..that is why they are on sale! Well, I can deal with that. Lemme see..1.06 quarts in a liter, 2.2 lbs in a Kg. Got it. Then I flipped it over. L'il switch goes from Celsius to Fahrenheit. Another theory shot to hell. But tell me, oh Tuesday Morning Polder purchasers, do you have to take out the battery to turn it off or is there another hidden switch? Gonna go through batteries real quick (although have discovered my kitchen drawer is approximately 82 degrees). I guess that's useful info.

• Unknown
    Options
    MollyShark,
    The battery in the Polder lasts a long time- I've been using mine a lot for over a year now and hasn't needed changing yet. Ribbit

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Grillin' Bill,
    I bought 3 of the things Saturday. They aren't really Polders since they don't have the name on them. I haven't used it yet but I'm pretty sure they're as or almost as good as the real thing. But for $10 you can't go wrong.
    JimW