Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Method

BunkyRubBunkyRub Posts: 52
edited 12:23PM in EggHead Forum
Had best success yet last weekend with pizza on the egg. The difference was useing the .94 cent grill topper screen that Wal-Mart sells. I believe it know in the trade as expanded aluminum. Made semalina dough in breadmaker, rolled fairly thin. Did three versions: white pizza w/ caramelized onions and goat cheese, barbequed chicken w/ barbeque sauce and Italian three cheese blend and finally blue cheese with caramelized onions. Put pizza on lightly oiled screen and cooked at about 450 degrees (lid closed) for 4-5 minutes. Crust was perfect and did not stick to screen at all. I felt these came out better than useing the pizza stone.
·

Comments

• Steve-BSteve-B Posts: 339
    BunkyRub,[p]I use these screens also, but I still have the pizza stone under it. Do I understand you right, that you just put the pizza directly over the coals...?[p]Steve-B
    ·
  • BunkyRubBunkyRub Posts: 52
    Steve-B,
    Yes, no stone was used. Pizza and screen was placed on grid directly above coals. Bottom of pizza did not burn either. Keep in mind it cooked in about 4-5 min. and temp was around 450 degrees.

·