Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spring Chicken count down

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,889
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, Leroy, I reckon the final count down has started til you go in for your surgery - your blood has been drawn and stored, your bags are probably packed and you're given the working girls their passes for some R & R. Best of wishes for a speedy and quick recovery, buddy! Take care and know we'll be pulling for you!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    Leroy, I didn't know you were having surgery. (This is Freddie. We met at ChimChimney's cooking demo last year.) Best of luck and I will say a prayer for you.

I still chuckle at myself for giving you that buttermilk pie recipe and leaving out the buttermilk. I am so glad you questioned me before you made it!

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Most of the 'getting ready' is done but I still have a rack of ribs I need to Eggsperiment on in an effort to get'em done in under an hour.

I also have a little electrical problem at the moment that I'm going to have to hire an electrician to figure out. The Coop is without power. That's not a good thing. Can't even turn on my 52" Coop Air Conditioner.

And now that my Sweetie is unemployed, uh I mean 'retired,' I have to spend more time sleeping. I used to get up to see her off to work. Seemed the right thing to do. But if she's sleeping late, I'm sleeping late from now on.

As for the surgery, I'm ready. In fact, MORE than Ready. My 'git-alongs' are shot and hurt like the dickens right now. Hot Tub don't make 'em feel better so we bought a blow-'em-up pool that will allow me to soak in cold water. We'll see how that works.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I'll try to be a real trooper during the recovery.

Spring "Standing Around Wait'n Is Worse Than Sit'n Around Wait'n" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Tell me what hospital you'll be in, Leroy. I'll fill bottle of Geritol with rum and bring it to you. :laugh:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Leroy,

I also was unaware of any plans for surgery. Joni & I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Colin
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    And THAT is why I don't release details LOL...

Don't won't no visitors, no calls, no flowers, no exotic male dancers (female okay) and no pallbearers.

I'll be back in action before anyone even misses me.

Spring "Hole In The Knee Gang" Chicken
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Good luck Leroy,,, take notes so I'll know what to expect in a few years :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Yeah Leroy,

Make sure they put in plenty of grease fittings. B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Guess I need to visit more often. What are you getting cut on this time? Best, Buddy.

Lawn
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    SC - sending lots of well wishes your way. Praying for a swift and easy recovery. We'll be waiting on more of those great cooking tips and food inspirations!
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Remember you well Freddie. How could anyone forget the originator of a buttermilk free buttermilk pie LOL

Thanks for wishing me luck. I take it that it extends to playing the lottery too.

Spring "Future Lottery Winner" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there's a short story in it somewhere LOL

Spring "Testing The Waters For Florida Pool Man" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    My insurance only pays for WD40.

Spring "SWEAK, SWEAK, SWEAK, sweak" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Replacing the moving parts between the upper left leg and the lower left leg. Followed in a few weeks by replacing the moving parts between the upper right leg and the lower right leg.

Seems that mine are worn out.

June 9th.

Spring "Half-Ass Kicker" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thank you Di, but you won't have to wait long. There's enough inspiration in one hour on this Forum to keep you busy for a week.

Spring "Inspired For An Hour, Expired Forever" Chicken
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Leroy, Linda and I wish you the best.
    Please tell Judy to keep us up on your visit and may it be a very short one.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Billy Grill Eggster
    Options
    SC make sure to give us a "Forum Check" when you break out. ;)
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If you think he was up at all hours BEFORE, wait til you see what happens in the hospital! I think they watch thru the keyhole and as soon as they see you doze off, they come in for another shot or something. Leroy, bring your laptop! And a Mini. :)

Best of luck with the knees!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    Options
    Good luck Leroy! I've heard that replacing those parts can put a real spring in your step!! Seriously, less pain, more mobility, really amazing. (but yes, unfortunately, I did mean the pun)

Ed
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. I'll tell Judy but you know who newly retired people are... She may forget to remind you. In fact, she may forget that I'm her 'patient.' LOL

Spring "Forget Me Not" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I can do that. At least I think I can remember the incryptions and passwords for it. So long as I tie it in with a plumbing check I think it will be okay.

Spring "Some Things Never Change" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I agree with you. They know exactly when you doze off. Must be part of the Communist Plot I've been talking about all these years.

But the Laptop is packed and loaded. No Mini though. I'm going to take advantage of the hospital time to lose some of me.

Spring "Ok Mr Chicken, It's Time For Your Enema" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. Just what the world needs... a Spring Chicken with more Spring In His step. LOL

Spring "Able To Leap Tall Buildings And Trains And Stuff" Chicken
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You're going to Lose Some of U? :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Leroy, I trust all will go well with your surgery and you will be up and runnning in no time flat! :)
  • Uncle Phil
    Uncle Phil Posts: 669
    Options
    LeRoy:
    This is the first I have heard about your medical challenge. I am sure you will keep the doctors in stitches instead of the other way around. We will be thinking of you and of course you are in the prayer chain.

Uncle Phil
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks... Yes, another year... another part (actually two) worn out and needs replacing.

Won't be long and I'll have to change my handle to "Bionic Chicken."

Spring "Parts Is Parts" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Yea, losing part of me is easier than losing all of me. Cheaper too if you are my insurance company.

Spring "On The Senility Diet - Forgot To Eat" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. But I would prefer to be up and walking. Running gets me where I'm going too fast.

Spring "Am I There Yet" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks. I'm amazed that it's only a 2-hour procedure and I will be walking the halls the next morning. That is if everything goes right. I'm assuming that with all the support I'm getting that it will be uneventful and I will be back to 'normal' in short order.

I try not to think of what they do with my old knee.

Spring "Another Day Another Doctor Another Missing Part" Chicken
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Leroy, You are the bees knees so stay kool my friend. My dad had both done at the same time. If you get a chance grub a good looking nurse and blame it on the medication. Try to take a pic of it so we can get a big chuckle out of it. Blessings to you and your family. Tim ;)