Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Brisket Down!

Options
DMurf
DMurf Posts: 481
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked this brisket yesterday as my Memorial Day is all about relaxing! Even went to the movies while it was cooking.

Here is a photo from the night before with the dry rub...
IMG_8262.jpg
I put the brisket on at 6:00a and let it go for 12 hours, had the experience of the lump burning straight down the middle rather than spreading out. A quick stir and I was back on track. Here it is about to rest...
IMG_8268.jpg
And finally a shot of a couple of slices...
IMG_8269.jpg
It is delicious especially warmed up today for sandwiches, boy are the people I work with going to jealous tomorrow!

Forgot the details cooked indirect with a platesetter and a drip pan, kept at 225 to 250 for 12 hours, used soaked hickory chips for the smoke, and rested for 30 minutes.
David
BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks great and nice job! Glad it worked out.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Good job! Brisket is one of my favorites..
  • Chappy
    Chappy Posts: 198
    Options
    One thing to look at is the way the grains run before you cook it. Then slice against the grain. If you look at your slice, you see the long strands of muscle, you should cut it the other way.

Looks good though. Its fun doing brisket, especially the ends.
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    I know but the family was chomping at the bit to eat so I did not let it rest long enough to cut correctly. Great thing is that the meat is so tender that you really don't notice that it is cut wrong.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.