Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Loin Chops help?

Options
ThunderBunny
ThunderBunny Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi and happy Memorial Day, all!
At Costco yesterday and came across some beautiful lamb loin chops.
This will be my first crack at trying lamb this evening and for the price I paid, don't want to botch it. Also want to keep it very simple.
After sniffing around here it sounds like a little EVOO, salt, pepper and rosemary is a pretty good way to go.
Thinking about the Trex cook. Good idea or not? If so, does the meat need to rest just like a ribeye (or whatever)after the initial sear?

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Hi ThunderBunny

I treat my lamb loin chops very much like I would a steak of the same thickness. The main difference is that I use a raised grate. I also cook them to the same internal temperature as a steak. I like mine rare to medium rare so 120º to 125º is good for me. Being red meat and the same thickness as a steak they will take almost the same amount of time. I would watch them closely.
    I use salt and pepper and granulated garlic, the stuff between a powder and minced and/or thyme or rosemary. I have also used a light coating of Kitchen Bouquet. That's posted HERE.

Lamb chops on the egg are fantastic and one of my favorite cooks. :cheer:

Good luck, looking forward to seeing how your chops come out,

Gator

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    ThunderBunny,

I wouldn't cook them that hot because they are pretty fatty and they would burn easily. 425 to 450* is plenty
    hot. Raised grid if you have one. Rest them.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON