Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple corn on the cob

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked some great corn on the cob last night and it was really easy to do. In the past I've opened the husks, removed the silk and rubbed the corn with butter. Then I would put the husks back on and grill the corn direct. Last night I soaked the ears in cold water for about 30 minutes and cooked them with the husks intact. I did them direct at around 350 until the husks were charred, turning the ears 3-4 times while they cooked. When I served the corn the silk came right off with the husks. It was so good I didn't even put any butter on mine! From now on this is the way I'm cooking corn.

Comments

• BluesnBBQ,[p]Something that you might want to try with your method is adding salt to your soaking water and let them be in the solution for much longer. We often do corn fests and I use a 130 gallon stock tank and then add about 15 pounds of salt and soak the ears overnight. [p]Dave

• Old Dave,[p]I add sugar to the soaking water to make the corn even sweeter.
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Old Dave,[p]This corn was so good it didn't need any salt. But I'll have to try that some time.[p]When the corn was done I put it in a covered foil pan. Then I seared some steaks and while they were dwelling I put some tomatoes (from my brother's garden) on skewers on the grill for a few minutes. I had everything done right before a thunderstorm started.
  • James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]I completely agree. That's the way i've been cooking my corn for some time now, and it's a great way to do it..[p]

• BluesnBBQ,
    I know this ain't Egg cooking, but the next time you deep fry a turkey, as soon as the turkcy comes out of the grease, put the shucked ears of corn in for about ten minutes. mmm mmmm good.[p]Jerry

• Hillbilly
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Sounds good. About how long did you cook the ears?