Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Method

BunkyRub
BunkyRub Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had best success yet last weekend with pizza on the egg. The difference was useing the .94 cent grill topper screen that Wal-Mart sells. I believe it know in the trade as expanded aluminum. Made semalina dough in breadmaker, rolled fairly thin. Did three versions: white pizza w/ caramelized onions and goat cheese, barbequed chicken w/ barbeque sauce and Italian three cheese blend and finally blue cheese with caramelized onions. Put pizza on lightly oiled screen and cooked at about 450 degrees (lid closed) for 4-5 minutes. Crust was perfect and did not stick to screen at all. I felt these came out better than useing the pizza stone.

Comments

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    BunkyRub,[p]I use these screens also, but I still have the pizza stone under it. Do I understand you right, that you just put the pizza directly over the coals...?[p]Steve-B
  • BunkyRub
    BunkyRub Posts: 52
    Steve-B,
    Yes, no stone was used. Pizza and screen was placed on grid directly above coals. Bottom of pizza did not burn either. Keep in mind it cooked in about 4-5 min. and temp was around 450 degrees.