Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Shrimp?

MsmithMsmith Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I saw someone on the board that gave a recipe for making bacon wrapped shrimp? If so, please post.[p]Thanks

Comments

• katmankatman Posts: 331
    Msmith,[p]I use large shrimp--very large if I can get them. Leave the tails on. Hit them with some olive oil, little bit of coarse salt, and a bit of lemon or lime juice. I prefer wrapping them in domestic proscuito instead of bacon. Put them on skewers and grill them direct for just a few minutes over a hot fire. Use some alder chips.[p]This works great for big sea scallops, too. One critical step for both is to get the critters wrapped and on the grill quickly after you sprinkle with lemon or lime. Otherwise, you will be making sushi while they sit in the juice and will be tough after grilling.[p]

• BunkyRubBunkyRub Posts: 52
    Msmith,
    I also recommend Katman's prosciutto(sp?)wrapped shrimp as well as his direct cooking method. One suggestion would be to use the actual Italian prosciutto as it is more flavorful and less salty.

• ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    Msmith,
    I spice up seasoned bread crumbs with a little cayenne. Roll peeled (no tail) shrimp in bread crumbs, then wrap in bacon. I'll cut the bacon in half to give two pieces per strip of bacon. Then, roll the bacon wrapped shrimp back in the bread crumbs. Skewer twice...once in tail section, once in head section...makes easier to flip.
    Great eating!