Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Whole Chicken Reloaded w/ Corn

GoodyGoody Posts: 102
edited 11:43PM in EggHead Forum
Decided to make a second attempt at a whole chicken for the first time since the weekend I got my LBGE back in March. This one turned out much better. I think it actually thawed all the way through this time before going on the egg. I injected the chicken with John Henry's Pecan Marinade and rubbed the outside with EVO and lemon pepper.

Of course this cook was not without its challenges. We had serious rain come through Atlanta last night and it started coming down in sheets right after the chicken went on the egg. No fears though, egg held 350 like a champ for the rest of the cook.

Doing some grouper fillets tonight! Can't wait to see how those turn out. Will post the results.

• EggcellentEggcellent Posts: 68
    I tried a spatchcock chicken a while back and did not have very good luck. I'm hoping to cook a few birds on the vertical roaster soon. I want to cook the Thanksgiving turkey on the egg this year and need the practice.

I'm also looking forward to cooking on the egg for some college football games. And by the way....I liked everything about your post except the "War Eagle"........Go Dawgs! Gotta college football in the south!