Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got my Temperpedic Rhapsody!!!!

Options
LFGEnergy
LFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I have participated in a number of strings regarding foam versus air mattresses, and wanted to weigh in on my recent purchase.

We started our adventure by ordering a Rhapsody knockoff from a joint called SelectFoam.com, for about half the price. Turned out to be harder than rock, and we spent over $500 sending it back. Recommend STRONGLY against doing business with these yahoos. Two twentysomethings that know as much about mattresses as I know about, well, mattresses. Like dealing with my 16 year old,except they had $1700 of my money!!!!!!! :angry: :ohmy: I felt lucky to get out of this gig with my shirt on (albiet $500 light).

Anyway, then round two. Bought a ComfortAire mattress (similar to Select Comfort). Very well made, good product, but slept like, well, how do I say this...an air bed!!! I know some folks like the air beds, but not for me. If you like the air beds, I would strongly recommend you give Comfortairdirect.com a try. Great folks, excellent customer service, honorable folks.

OK, after all of above, finally got off of the wallet and bought the bed I wanted originally, the Temperpedic Rhapsody. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BED :woohoo: !!!! A little hard first few weeks, but has now broken in, and I sleep like a rock. It is strange to wake up, and go back to sleep in same position you woke up in. I know they sleep a little hot, but with a little AC it is fine for us.

Anyway, thanks to all that have weighed in. I figure if we can pay $30K for a car to drive to work and home in, $4K for a bed is cheap entertainment.

Dave in Keller, TX

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side.
  • LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Options
    Yea Buddy!!!!! B)
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    I've had my first Tempurpedic for 2 years and still get the best night's sleep I've ever had. Would do it again in a heart beat. :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    I'm in a pillow top Serta, and you mention hot, mine is real hot a/c or not, I wake up in the middle of the night cooked well done, I miss my old waterbed, cool during the summer and warm during the winters. Never slept better than my waterbed could make me feel.
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Options
    I'm a Latex guy - Latex has excellent support and is a little softer and not quite as "hard" and firm as memory foam and is much cooler (you mentioned the heat problem). Memory foam uses heat to conform to your body, latex doesn't.

Cost a little more than memory foam, but since we spend 1/3 of our life or more on a mattress, I figure it was worth it. Many people don't see it like that..

Anyways, congrats on your purchase - sleep well. :)