Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Injection recipe

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought an injector recently, and have not been impressed with the "flavors" when shopping for commercial injection marinades. Does anyone have any good recipes for injecting Chicken or Pork Shoulder that I could make myself? (We especially enjoy things with garlic).[p]Thanks

Comments

• Luder
    Luder Posts: 31
    Options
    egghead22,[p]I have injected turkeys with a mixture of strained Italian dressing and white wine. Always comes out juicy. If you want some garlic taste, just add some garlic to the mix. If you want it a little spicy, try some cayenne or creole seasoning.[p]On things that I have deep fried, I have also rubbed the outside with season salt.[p]Luder
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    egghead22, Here you go... "Cajun Power GARLIC SAUCE" order at www. cajunpowersauce.com... I LIVE ON THIS STUFF !! INJECT everything, as do alot of EGGERs...

[ul][li] cajunpowersauce[/ul]
  • egghead22,
    This is one I put together for fried or smoked turkey's and fried chicken.
    third of a bottle of Kikkoman teriaki
    1 tb Old Bay
    1 tb garlic powder
    black pepper to taste
    two splashes of olive oil
    1 tb of your favorite cajun seasoning[p]mix well and inject

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    egghead22,
    I usually start by melting a stick of butter in either a can of chicken brooth or chicken bullioun cube, add heavy garlic powder, onion powder, Tony C's, liquid crab boil (Old Bay type seasoning) and inject away the night before and let set in the refrig overnight.