Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grilled South Dakota Rib Eye Steak

KBKB Posts: 144
edited 12:51PM in EggHead Forum
With made from scratch bake beans and grilled corn on the cob with cilantro pesto

• texasAUtigertexasAUtiger Posts: 154
    Very nice! Everything looks great, but that beautifully colored grilled corn really caught my eye!
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Wow, looks great. Love your plates.
  • KBKB Posts: 144
    The corn was so good for this early in the season (the high quality olive oil didn't hurt). Thanks for commenting.
    I use that plate for photos. I normally eat on plastic ones. LOL.
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    That is a great looking meal!!

• :) great pic!
    love the plate, too
  • larrydlarryd Posts: 44
    Great looking meal
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    KB, your steak looks delicious. :) I really like how you plated the meal, the pic looks great wtih corn.
    Thanks for the interest. I cooked everything with direct heat, about 450 to 480 deg F.

Steak: about 4 minutes per side. After I dropped it on the grill, I didn't touch it for the first 4 minutes. About a minute after I flipped it, my remote thermometer signaled that it was done (135 deg) earlier than my instant read thermometer, which was reading about 125 deg once I removed it. I threw it back on to finish the 4 minutes on the second side.

Corn: I peeled back the husk and removed the silk before I threw the corn on the grill. For an initial cooking period, I returned the the husk to cover the kernels. I peeled back the husk a few minutes before it was done cooking so I could impart a grilled flavor. Some of the ears had brown grill marks on the kernels. The cilantro pesto was applied at the dinner table.

Beans: I cooked the beans in a dutch oven. They were still a bit hard after 4 hours. I will start those earlier next time, but the homemade seasonings sure were good: molasses, honey mustard, Sriracha hot sauce, etc.