Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mini hinge issues resolved

Options
Hungry Celeste
Hungry Celeste Posts: 534
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My last attempt to purchase an upgraded hinge for my older Mini met with failure; a supremely unhelpful phone person flat-out refused to sell me a new hinge, and then wouldn't even hazard a guess as to when the hinges would be available. I finally got around to trying again, and this time, a super helpful person answered my questions & sold me the spring-loaded hinge. Yay! No more grazed knuckles! Just wanted to share the happy ending to my story, as I'd already posted the unhappy part. Retail moral: don't let the disinterested warehouse guys handle sales calls.

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    That's good news. Can you please tell us the price? I would like to get one, but haven't checked into it yet.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Faith, Bruce told me it was $59.95. Plus shipping I assume. Haven't gotten one yet.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    "don't let the disinterested warehouse guys handle sales calls." Kind of harsh?

Just because the band "alone" was not ready to ship when you made your first call does not mean the first person you talked with was a bad person.

The new Mini hinge is also "not" spring loaded but it does stay open and clears the base much better.

At least most of the improvements BGE makes can retrofit and be used on older models.

Happy cooking,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Yeah, at least it's not like XBOX where every 3-4 years they come out with a bigger, better one that makes the past ones and all the games obsolete immediately. We all have to be thankful for that!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Guess its time to contact them about warranty work on my hinge and hope they send me the new ones.
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    Dude, seriously, how else would you describe an employee who answers the phone, flat-out refuses to sell me something, refuses to provide additional information or route my call to someone who can do so, and refuses to take my callback info for a follow up? For a business that prides itself on superior customer service, it's not exactly a small point. Anyway, the upgraded hinge costs $59, and soon I'll have the new hinge and a Mini Woo, so I'll be on a Mini cooking jag for a while.