Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach Cobbler Recipe

PackerFan
PackerFan Posts: 72
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Everyone,[p]Am I dreaming or have I seen a world famous Peach Cobbler recipe on this site somewhere? My wifes cousin brought over a box of fresh peaches yesterday and I looked at the peaches and then glanced at the egg glistening in the morning sun and thought hmmmmmmm!! I have created a monster with the Grilled Bananas and Ice Cream I got off of this site. I can't have company over without making some. There crazy about it. I don't want to waste the peaches in the oven. Can anyone help?[p]Thanks,
Kenny

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    PackerFan, well, you're probably crazy but join the rest of us. Here's one that was posted some time ago. JSLOT did one at the 2003 Eggtoberfest as well.[p]Peach Cobbler
    [p]Ingredients:
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 stick butter (use the real thing)
    1 cup self-rising flour
    1 quart sliced fruit (sweetened with 1/3 cup sugar) Use no sugar if using canned fruit.
    1/2 cup milk
    1 Tbs cinnamon-sugar

Directions:
    1 Melt the butter in the pan you intend cook it in and set aside.
    2 Mix flour, sugar and milk together, but don't try to get all the lumps out.
    3 Pour into dish on top of butter.
    4 Don't stir it no matter what. It should look like batter with butter surrounding all sides.
    5 Add fruit to top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (Don't feel obligated to use the entire tablespoon. A light dusting is sufficient.) Once again, don't stir it.
    6 Using an indirect setup, bake at 350º for about 45 minutes until the top is golden brown. I use the big cans (29 oz) of sliced peaches in light syrup or the Osage brand (I think) of freestone peaches. This is only one of many versions of peach cobbler, however this is how my family has made it for generations.

Servings: 1

Recipe Source
    Author: Posted by Zip on June 27, 2001

[p]

• PackerFan, Go to the link. Subsitute peaches for mangos. Easy and just fantastic. You won't regret trying this one.

[ul][li]Best Cobbler in the World[/ul]
  • Wise One,[p]Thanks, I will give it a shot. I'll let you know how it turns out.[p]Kenny

• The Other Dave,[p]Thanks for the link. I will check it out. Looks like a nice place to stay. I don't think I have ever had a mango.[p]Thanks,
    Kenny

• Basselope
    Basselope Posts: 102
    Wise One,
    I noticed this in the recipe "Servings: 1 "
    Author of that recipe thinks like I do. :-)