Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fruit Carving...last one for a while...I promise!

Options
BigDaddy - OCT
BigDaddy - OCT Posts: 773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tomorro is our high school graduation and a couple friends saw my pictures from the other day and requested them for their graduation events. I wish I took pictures of the sides because I did leaves and vines going down them.

Here's the three I did tonight:

babc48be.jpg

Here's a side view of the cantelope from yesterday:

815c2b99.jpg

I think I'll pick up one of those little knives off of importfood.com as my little pairing knife makes curves pretty tough.

Bruce

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Looking good there BigDaddy, keep em coming

Good Luck,
    Bordello
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Bruce...You are doing a fantastic job!!! Especially considering the equipment you are using!! I truly have a great resource for you for a complete kit...but I only had two people express interest. I intend to post it as an invite to give me more bargaining power. Please, I promise I will post tomorrow (or maybe even tonight). If I can get 10 people, then I know I can get everyone a break. Please hold of on your order? I checked the website you provided, and those knives are included in the kit. I promise, I will be on it, post it, and keep you in the loop. You are doing great work, and I SO appreciate your ability to visualize on the fruit. It is an art in itself. ;)
  • Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Options
    BD-O - Nice work - Please continue to post
  • Big George's BBQ
    Big George's BBQ Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I hope you continue to post. You do really nice work
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Keep 'em coming, they are truly works of art!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    They look great. You have inspired me to buy the knives and learn to do it too. Cool website, thanks for posting it. The knife set is only $15, so I think I will spring for it.

Thanks.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Bruce,

I dig it man!

Easier on the eyes than another crusty butt. :P

Keep sharing
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind words...just fun playing and I wanted to share. LC, that sounds good to me. I'm really not in a hurry but thought for $15 I would try it. I also practiced some of the techniques in the picture you posted last time but I just don't have the mobility with this knife so I'll wait for the new kit.

Faith, you might wait for this kit as well since you are interested. It sure sounds like it will be a great set up!

Ripnem, you just made Dr. Pepper shoot out of my nose!

Bruce
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I will wait for Little Chef to find one for us, but if she doesn't, I will order one from the importfood site. I really like that website, and I will be spending alot of time on it, checking out all the recipes. Thank you VERY much for posting it.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Great job Big Daddy!!! There's no way on gods green earth that I could do something like that. That has to take skill. Keep em coming.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    BigDaddy, gorgeous work. :) You have rare talent with sculpting! You certainly need to continue posting. I llok forward to seeing your evolution.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I hope you continue to show us more pics, and maybe, a how-to-approach so we can do it too. Thanks!