Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lobster bisque, Beef Stroganoff crepes, & creme br

SantanaSantana Posts: 58
edited 3:20AM in EggHead Forum
I've seen that the cuisines of Italy, Mexico, North America, and Spain have been well represented here, but I haven't seen anything from France or Russia.

So, I thought I'd give them their 15 minutes of fame by combining some of their food. I made lobster bisque and creme brulee in the house, but made Beef Stroganoff crepes on the Egg.

First, I made the crepes

Then, the Stroganoff

The crepes, plated

The bisque, plated

I thought a light bodied Beaujolais would go well with the heavier stroganoff. It did.

The whole setting.

Creme Brulee for dessert.

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Great looking food and very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    That's just a beauty congratulations!!!!
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 58
    Thanks for commenting, Grandpa! :)
    A compliment from the master himself is truly a compliment. Thank you sir. :)
  • Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755

Nice dinner
    Nice pics

Had to Mapquest Racoon Bend, Tx :)
  • Santana, those are truly beautiful pictures of your dinner. I hope some BIG Food magazine recognizes your beatiful food phography, but in the meantime, I am moving next door to you so I might get to taste something, one day. You had me at the bisque.

• Those crepes look really good, how'd you heat the pan on the egg?
    Yep, just an unincorporated area. Actually, I had to move to the big city. I took everything with me but my heart.
    Thank you Faith. If you move next door, I'll even cut your lawn for you. :cheer:
    Thanks, E.S. The crepe pan is sitting on the grid. I put the Spider down first, so as to bring the grid up so I could get to the handle easily. Just direct cooking with the fire about 400°.
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Wow, that looks great. Keep up the good work and keep posting B)
    Thank you, Boatman. I really appreciate your taking the time to comment.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Really nice cook!! Looks fabulous!
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • You are the first person I have seen on the forum that has cooked crepes on the egg. Very original.

Thanks for offering to mow my lawn.

Thank you so much, Miss Molly.
    I tried cooking them directly on the grid at first, but it became apparent that I needed a pan. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding.
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,347
    Santana, everything looks great, the food, the photography, the setting, very nice style all around, Marc
    Thanks Zippy. My wife helps me with the plating. I'd probably put everything in styrofoam. :laugh: