Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ideas of cooking fire power with 2 large

Options
Carnivor T
Carnivor T Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What kind of menu would you serve if you had 2 large BGE ?

I might get a second one, so if anyone has 2 large, tell me what do you do with the second one.

JF

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning JF:

At Thanksgiving a couple years ago I had the turkey in one Large, three casseroles stacked up in the other Large. Once the turkey came off to rest, on went the dinner rolls, then a pie in each Egg. Quite often I'll have the "meat" in one and the veggies in the other. Also have a small and mini that occasionally have been full too. Just think like you have a double oven outside instead of inside.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Carnivor T
    Options
    I love the suggestion of turkey and rolls. Thanksgiving must habe been somptuous !!! : )

Thanks Jay

JF
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Whatever you want to cook at two different temperatures.
  • Carnivor T
    Options
    Phil,

I see on your profile you own a small BGE as a secondary. Can you suggest food pairings that utilize different temp. that will come as one meal.

thank you

JF
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Had 2 larges for a few years but when I got the small that was a better combination IMO. Now it is very rare to have both larges going at the same time.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Smoker Egg cooks mostly meat, fish and all smoked foods. Baker Egg bakes bread, dessert, pizza and also bakes and roasts vegetables and I have an indirect setup always at the ready in there.

Smoker Egg doin its thing;
    BGECWMQuickRibs0017.jpg

Baker Egg doin its thing;
    BGECWMQuickRibs0003.jpg

Not to be left out, Mini Egg was in the action also. All three eggs(two large, one mini) were going at once with the food you see in the pictures just a few days ago.
    BGECWMQuickRibs0007.jpg
    And I love them all.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    If you have a butt or brisket going you can use your other egg for other faster cooks. Or on occasion you have a cook out and need both eggs. Tim :)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Like Clay, I have a dirty Egg and a clean Egg. That way I don't have to do a cleaning burn when I want to bake. Occasionally I cook 8 butts or two turkeys and need both Eggs. -RP
  • Lazydogsaloon
    Lazydogsaloon Posts: 213
    Options
    I like Jay have 2 Large, a small and a mini and can think of several times that they are all cooking. Just the other night, I did stuffed mushrooms(of course with bacon) on the small, potatoes and corn on the 1st large and Rib-eyes on the 2nd large. Sure I could have done this with less grill space but why, the entire meal was done at the same time and all hot and fresh.

Lazydog B)