Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en:Shrimp w/limon oil&stuffed zukini

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Back working days for a couple. This 2:15am alarm clock gets tougher the older I get! :pinch: Was late to bed last night cook'en but it was worth it. Adapted another recipe from the little Italian gal on Food Network. Besides being easy to watch she really does have some good food! ;) Hears the recipe. I added some pine nuts, shrooms and sun dryed tomatoes to it as well as sub white wine for the liquid.

Ingredients
For the lemon oil:

* 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 lemon, zested

For the pasta:

* 1 pound linguine pasta
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 shallots, diced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 16 ounces frozen shrimp
* 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
* 1 lemon, zested
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 3 ounces arugula (about 3 packed cups)
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Directions

For the lemon oil:

Combine the olive oil and the lemon zest in a small bowl and reserve.

For the pasta:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.

Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked linguine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Turn off the heat and add the arugula. Using a mesh sieve, strain the lemon zest out of the reserved lemon olive oil and add the oil to the pasta. The zest can be discarded. Add some of the cooking water to desired consistency. Add the chopped parsley to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately.

The raws:
APRIL20041-1.jpg

I also had some fresh zukinie from the garden Wife stuffed while I did the main cook by hollowing out halfs and stuffing with fresh Roma tomatoe,shrooms,bread crumbs and a little par cooked Italian sausage with paramashon cheese mixed in and just a little EVOO to hold it all togeather. I put the zikinie on the Medium for about 1 hours at 350 covered about half that time with foil then removed the foil and added a little wood for the rest of the cook.
APRIL20043-1.jpg

On the Small I did the garlic,pine nuts and onion first in a dutch oven. Figured the skillet would be to small for this meal.
APRIL20042-2.jpg

Then my shrimps and shrooms.
APRIL20045-2.jpg

A little wine.
APRIL20044-1.jpg

And last my arugla.
APRIL20047-1.jpg

Tossed with my pasta and fresh parsley.
APRIL20048-1.jpg

And suppers served! ;) Wife looked last night while I was trying to sleep and said there were some great cooks. Would love to see them all but late for work. Have a good day friends!
APRIL20049.jpg

APRIL20050-2.jpg

Comments