Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lovin' the Egg..update

Options
Jo
Jo Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Firstly, a thousand thank you's to all of you who wrote to encourage me, donate recipes, or provide helpful hints. You may recall I am a Newbie, will all of one week's ownership of Mr. Humpty. [p]Many of you already know Old Dave to be a gentleman and a scholar, but I experienced first hand his generosity with pages and pages of detailed instructions which helped me cook 6 pork butts and build the rack to accommodate them all. Hat's off to you, Sir, for your assistance. [p]The pulled pork was succulent and is securely wrapped and waiting in the freezer for my party in 2 weeks. This weekend I also grilled marinated beef filets, roasted Vidalia onions in coke (Excellent), fresh garden asparagus, and sliced potatoes with JJ's rub, all on the Egg. The outlay was well worth it. To those of you still debating, waiting will just delay your taste bud's enjoyment. To those of you who provided the inspiration on this site, thanks again. I'll contribute my recipes as I get more accomplished.
Best, Jo

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Jo, Is there anything else left to say? Welcome!

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Jo,[p] Welcome from us as well! Jump in anytime with questions
    or results.[p] Earl & Brab

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Jo, Welcome to the club...Sounds like your off to a firey start ..pun intended...Old Dave is a super guy and a excellent BBQ enthusiast. We pay attention when we are lucky to get em aboard here...
    Cheerio..C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Jo,
    Yep, Old Dave is a gentleman, and we are lucky to have him around. I know how you feel....the massive amounts of great info and time people spend helping others...really makes you want to give something back. It is a wonderful contagious system that works!![p]Glad you tried the thin potato slices w/ JJ's rub. I am doing those agian tonight! Can you tell me more about the roasted Vidalia Onions in Coke???
    Thanks
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jo,[p]Thanks for the kind words but the credit is all yours. I really can't believe all you have accomplished in your first week with your new Egg.[p]To go from burgers and dogs on a metal grill to your purchase of the new Egg, building your own rack setup, then smoking 6 pork butts (33 pounds) at one time without even a practice cook would indicate to me that you are a very accomplished cook. [p]I'm looking forward to your recipes and welcome you to this fine forum.[p]Regards, Old Dave