Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for sides for Tuna

Options
Memphistide
Memphistide Posts: 207
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have some great looking tuna that I am searing tonight, but am drawing a blank for sides...any good ideas?

Comments

• Hungry Celeste
    Options
    Cold sesame noodles, or maybe a seaweed salad? If that's too asian for you, how about grilled asparagus dressed with a lemony vinagrette and a few slivers of good Parmesan...
  • Isolated01
    Isolated01 Posts: 157
    Options
    Sticky white rice and Hawaiian mac salad, maybe some grilled pineapple?
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is a winner. I've made this before - really easy and sides extremely well with Tuna. Go for it!

Shaved Fennel Salad Recipe
    Ingredients
    1 fennel bulb, shaved paper thin with a mandoline or meat slicer
    2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
    1/8 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme leaves
    1 Tbsp chopped flat-leafed parsley
    2 Tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese

Mix all ingredients together.

ENJOY!
  • BigGreenDon
    BigGreenDon Posts: 167
    Options
    Perhaps some Yaki Onigiri grilled with Ponzu sauce.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Grilled pinapple is a great idea, I did some just a few nights ago. If you have some DP Pinapple Head rub it goes great. A little brown sugar and you are in heaven.
    Crash Hot potatoes are simple and tasty.
    I'm basically lazy, so I concentrate on my entree, for a side with grilled or blackend fish I will often just open a box of rice pilaf, Zataran's for sure, it goes well and is no effort, mental or physical. :laugh:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Memphistide
    Memphistide Posts: 207
    Options
    i like the sesame noodles idea...thanks
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    I realize I’m a bit TOO LATE for your cook…
    But, because it’s asparagus season here, it’s going with everything!
    A rice cake (check out Little Chef’s method) with grilled asparagus and pineapple (slices or chunks on a skewer) would fire my missile!
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    Cold sesame noodles are a great summer side...use your favorite long-skinny pasta. My thrown-together sauce involves tahini, soy or fish sauce, a pinch of sugar, some red pepper flakes, a very small amount of toasted sesame oil, and a hit of rice vinegar. It's like a flavored light vinagrette. Slivered green onions and strips of fresh cucumber make a nice mix-in, plus a light garnish of black & white sesame seeds.

Or the quick-n-dirty version: peanut noodles, made with bottled thai peanut sauce. Garnish the same as the sesame noodles. For those of us suffering an onslaught of garden zucchini, the squash can be substituted for noodles: use a mandoline or v-slicer to julienne the zukes lengthwise. Zukes in photo are dressed in peanut sauce, garnished with sesame seeds, thai basil, and red pepper flakes. It's a nice, uncooked, low-carb alternative to a pile of pasta.
    p5160250.jpg