Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Who was it that asked about fried pork tenderlion?

Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recall we were having a discussion about fried pork tenderloin sandwiches a couple weeks ago.

Just ran across this blog, entirely dedicated to pork tenderloin sandwiches in Iowa. I guess everyone has to have a passion. :laugh:

http://des-loines.blogspot.com/
·

Comments

• CrueznCruezn Posts: 317
    The pork tenderloin is to Iowa what brisket is to Texas... There's not much else to do around here.
    ·
  • Is this heaven? .....no it's Iowa!

Speaking of which, the field of dreams just went for sale in Iowa. If anyone has an additional $5 mil floating around it could be yours!
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    It was Florida Grillin'Girl (Faith) who was aking...and all of these sammiches look delicious... :)
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Oh and btw, I will be making those this weekend...thanks for the link..
    :P :lol: :silly:
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,542
    my favorite sandwich shop used to make those, hammered so thin you almost couldnt find the meat :laugh: sauce and cheese in a big sub roll, you could also get just a suace sub there, good stuff
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    You don't get the full experience unless they also serve a brain sandwich.

And you have to get a huge side of onion rings to complete the meal.

(Stuff like brings me memories of home)
    ·
  • I was the one looking for the recipe for the midwestern pork tenderloin sandwich.

I made one and wondered how authentic it was. Here is the link:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=882222&catid=1

I made some more this past weekend, only this time I pounded the meat out before breading in the saltines:

P5222896.jpg

I found that blog too. I never knew they were so popular.

It's going to be a staple around my house from now on.

Faith
    ·
  • CrueznCruezn Posts: 317
    Oh, deep fried pork tenderloin is about as good as it gets. Going to have to put them on my list to make soon.
    ·