Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woosday!!

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The back side of Pikes Peak

52210041.jpg

The winds have been out of control for the last month or so. Pretty hazy down there.

52210032.jpg

52210045.jpg

52210060.jpg

52210054.jpg

Happy day all!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    lenten rose (hellebore's)

lintenrose.jpg
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Santana
    Santana Posts: 58
    Very nice pictures, Molly (that is your name, right?)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Happy Woosday all. I look forward to this post everyweek. Tim :)
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Very nice shots. Our area has been getting quite a bit of wind lately also. I am curious though, what is the meaning of Woosday? :)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Is the haze from fires? Still purty out dere, even with the haze!

Couple from last weekend's competition in Chesapeake VA.

WooCarnival.jpg

WooFlagSun.jpg

Happy Woosday!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • My son's casting motion is second only to his sweet golf swing. The plug is in the air and headed for a schweeet landing!
    189jpg.jpg?t=1274790394
    This guy was chillin' in my front yard:
    DSC_0032.jpg?t=1274790527
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Hi Molly,
    I was up at Pikes Peak. Did you ever notice the potato chip bags they sell at the gift shop are all puffed up, low atmospheric pressure causes the bags to swell. :blink: :laugh:

Anyway...nice pic's. Been real warm here, hit almost 90 degrees in the shade yesterday. Clear again today and great weather for cookin on the eggs.

Have a great day Molly!

One of our wild streams in Wisconsin, The Bad River;
    IMG_0132.jpg
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Nice mountains, reminds me of the rockies in New Mexico when I was growing up.

The back yard

BOUGAINVILLEA

BOUGANVILLEDSCN0196.jpg

Lilys on the Lake

LAKELILYSDSCN0198.jpg
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hi All,

It took me a couple days to shoot these over in Cape Coral, FL. The first morning was spent locating the nest. The eagles were not there that day so I went back a few days later and found them. Both eagles were roosting in the top right section of the tree although one was so obscured by branches you could hardly find it. There are no chicks, I think I am to late this year.

DSC_4897A_640.jpg

DSC_4899A_640.jpg

DSC_4894A_640.jpg

DSC_4895A_640.jpg

DSC_5052A_640.jpg

DSC_5005A_640.jpg

DSC_5012A_640.jpg

DSC_5031A_640.jpg

DSC_5035A_640.jpg

DSC_5001A_640.jpg

Happy Woosday All,

Gator

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    JudysYellowRose.jpg

Spring "Yellow Rose's Main Squeeze" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Gator Bait

Great photos Molly, that is such spectacular country compared to our flatland. There actually is a Mountain View Rd. here in Ft. Myers. I have always wondered what the fool that came up with that name was drinking!!! I'll bet he had his own still. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If I lived out there I would have a great excuse to own a horse, I'd let it's four legs take care of all those ups and downs for my two. ;)

Have a great day,

Blair

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    from the maine woods, first is lady slippers, second i believe is some type of creeping dog wood, third i have no clue, maybe a bird dropped some seed from a feeder, kinda makes you wonder if feeding the birds is good for the environment if thats the case

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0042-1.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

and these swimming pink turtles are an absente hallucination of mine, they really arent there:whistle:

DSC_0053-1.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gator Bait

Spectacular Spring! Do you know the name of it? I used to have one called "Graceland" that looked a lot like it.

Gator

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    I think it was a Lowe's $7.95

Pretty ain't it?

Just kidding. I'll go check to see if the tag is still on it when I get back from the doctor. We've had it for years so it may be gone by now.

Spring "Yellow Roses Brighten Gray Days" Chicken
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Super shots Gator, how are the Plover's doing?

Bald Eagles are making a comeback here. I am not sure if I have posted this before.
    EaglesLQ.jpg
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    A few from The Sierra Madre around Home:

DedeElMirador.jpg

Desdeatardecer.jpg

DesdeBacktoMty.jpg

Desdecampo.jpg

DesdelasCumbres.jpg

Desdelasnubes.jpg
  • office staff says:
    a. wow that is national geographic quality
    b. it looks more like a painting than a photo
    c. he should make poster sized reproductions and sell them

just beautiful

bill
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Man, you take nice shots!
  • Gator Bait

Great photos fishlessman, your right the second one is a member of the dogwoods (I had to look it up) and is called Bunchberry, Cornus canadensis. It and the Dwarf Bog Bunchberry are the only herb members of the dogwood family, the rest are trees and shrubs.

The little blue ones look like Forget-me-not, Myosotis scorpiodes but I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

When it comes to the pink turtles I want some of what your drinking/smoking! Those are to cool. I have been trying to make them into one of the wild pea's. Either the Centrosema or Clitoria families but with out any great luck.

Thanks for sharing,

Gator

• Gator Bait

Great drawing Cpt'n! Did you draw that? It's great to hear that the eagles are making a come back up there. They are coming back here as well but require trees of a great enough height to perch and nest in. I have located three nests over in Cape Coral and may not know until late in the year if they are all being used for nesting. I think the nesting season is over down here for the year and I will have to wait and see.

Have a great Woosday,

Gator

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Clouds over the barn.

IMG_1421.jpg

Happy WoosDay!

john
  • Gator Bait

Thanks bill and office staff, your kind words are appreciated. I have been a student of the outdoors and nature all my life and walk around with my camera like a kid in a candy store. I have always had a wide eyed wonder for almost anything nature oriented and love to share that wonder through my photos. I'm delighted you enjoyed them. :)

Gator

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Now that's funny.... you see little pink turtles and I see little furry green bat butts complete with dingo balls... and I'm sober!

IMG_1431.jpg

john
  • Gator Bait

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You may be sober John but don't count on being sane! LOL.

Great photo, thanks for sharing,

Gator

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Yes I drew that.

My daughter used to work at the space center in Titusville, they had quite a few of them there. Great bird sanctuary too.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    good to know about the creeping dogwood/bunch berries being edible, theres alot near the house and i like to freak the family out eating things like that. also explains the bears and moose B) the turtles are old fashioned bleeding hearts. never see blue flowers in the woods of maine, they stand out
    DSC_0044.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gator Bait

Great drawing! I have yet to make it over to Titusville but have heard of the birding there. Thanks for sharing the drawing, I love it.

Gator

• Lawn Ranger
    001-9.jpg

Snowstorm blowing into Taos...
    106_0697.jpg

DizzyPig goes to Santa Fe
    IMG_1536.jpg

hot2.jpg

DizzyPig goes camping...
    steak.jpg

dp20steaks.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1552-1.jpg

Sipapu2009508-1.jpg

Sipapu2009017.jpg
  • Lawn Ranger
    Really nice, John!
  • Gator Bait

I regret that I was not paying closer attention to the wildflowers when I lived up that way. I got interested in them when I got back into wildlife photography down here. When there is nothing else to photograph I now look for wildflowers. Birds are easy to identify, you photograph an eagle and everyone knows what it is, some of these plants may have half a dozen different names and may also have several cousins that look just like them. Then none of the books cover all the same species. I only need one good bird book but am up to three on wildflowers and always looking for better ones.

Gator