Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egg Table Finish

kdahlkekdahlke Posts: 30
edited 4:31PM in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to pick up my new egg soon and figured that I would have the table built, ready and waiting for the new arrival. I am at the point now for finishing the table and wondering what other eggers do? The table will be sitting on the deck outside during the summer months and when not in use will be covered.

Thinking of using either something like Thompson's Water Seal or an outdoor poly.

What are your thoughts? Thanks
·

Comments

• dubahdubah Posts: 59
    From personal experience and from reading a bit on the subject, Thompson's is the pits. Go with a good quality spar or marine finish.
    ·
  • Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    What dubah said

Covering the table is good but I would get something with superior UV protection for the times when the table is not covered. Lots of products out there - wish I could tell you what works best.
    ·
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    Another perspective: I decided to wait when I bought mine and I'm glad I did. My LBGE sat on a paver for six months before I decided what I wanted to do, which was to build a wood- and block-framed stucco cabinet. I am glad I didn't buy a nest or a table right away, obviously.

Point is: you'll make better decisions after you have egged for awhile - whether it's accessories or egg housing! JMO. Good luck.
    ·