Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE on Primal Grill

Options
Jersey Doug
Jersey Doug Posts: 460
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was working upstairs yesterday when I heard Jersey Girl shout, "It's an egg! It's an egg!" I went downstairs to see what was happening and caught the tail end of a segment of Steven Raichlen's Primal Grill about cooking chicken legs on an XL BGE. He identified it as a kamodo type ceramic cooker. He did not mention the BGE name. The other thing I noticed is that it was bright white inside. It had never been used before. Did anyone else see this?

Comments

• Fencewire
    Fencewire Posts: 34
    Options
    I've seen eggs on his show a couple of times.

He was signing books in Dallas this weekend, didn't make it out to see him. I've always found his techniques and recipes pretty basic.
  • toothpick
    toothpick Posts: 154
    Options
    That's what I like about him. He whips up stuff that looks (and tastes) great and is usually quite simple. Perhaps I'm a basic guy, but I've learned a lot from his shows and cookbooks.

I did not catch Primal Grill with the BGE, but he does seem to be a friend to the Eggin' community. Often times there's a few in the background on his shows. His books reference BGEs occasionally too, from what I've seen.
  • Egghead-Sooner
    Options
    while i've seen one or two shows featuring the bge i would say 90% of the time he uses webber products, probably cause they sponsor his show.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    I've seen him use the BGE on his show. I've never seen him use it to it's fullest ability though.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle