Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I give in. AKA, I'm buying an Egg

Options
ElDestructo
ElDestructo Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For years now I've shirked the attempts of friends to have me buy into the magic that is The Egg. I've laughed at and mocked its "space age ceramics", even suggested using Eggs to replace the tiles on the Space Shuttle. Admittedly I've very much enjoyed adding "egg" to anything and everything when speaking to Egg owners. I've even sampled the goods, some of my favorite brisket and ribs ever, and yes, I did go to "Eggs by the Bay".... twice... pulling my hat down as owners compared recipies and commented on what wood chips to use when cooking pork vs. beef vs. pizzas.

But no longer, I have moved to AZ, away from my "suppliers/dealers" of brisket and ribs. The pool and backyard remodel starts early June and I fear that a Large Egg will be necessary for the unveiling.

So the question becomes, what's first on the menu? I was thinking pulled pork butt or ribs, (I am not going to go out and attempt a brisket first in front of long time Egg owners who will be in attendance). What was everyone's inaugural attempt? Also, what is the best place to start for recipes on the web for real BBQ (rubs, etc)?

Thanks!

Comments