Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

GFS Marketplace now in Tampa, anygood?

HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited 2:11AM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone been to one. Is it worth the trip?

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 17,387
    20# of lump made for them by Royal Oak for $12 is reason enough to go! Also pick up a tub of their Tavern Cheese spread - you'll get hooked!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    will do. Thanks. Is the meat any better or priced better. Trying to figure out where they are trying to come into the market.
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,398
    Is this a membership "club"? Thanx..
    I have never bought any meat from them - just lump and that wonderful addictive garlicky cheese!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,227
    I buy GFS in Ohio. Is that who makes the GFS brand?
    No membership
  • BillHillBillHill Posts: 109
    I went into the one in Valrico they opened a year or so ago and they have lots of bulk stuff like Sams. The meat section was nearly non existant. Thumbs down for me.
  • bitslammerbitslammer Posts: 818
    Their lump is killer for the price.

_DSC0002-2.JPG
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 990
    i buy lump there, they tell me they will have it all winter, and if they dont, they will order it and have it the next day. never seen any meat
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

It's all I use now and I love it. I don't go there for their meat. They are not know or claim to be a "Sams Club" but hey are very good with a lot of other things and I can run in literally in 5 minutes to grab a bag or 2.
    that's what the local manager in town here told me and then I talked with a GFS spokesman at their booth in Chicago a couple years ago and he told me the same. I have had no reason to doubt that claim based on my satisfaction with their lump.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • I bet you're relieved that you don't have another place to buy meat from!
    no kidding! This wont be a meat place
    Its like a small RD. Pretty good. The 20lb lump is on sale for 9bucks. The meat and produce section sucks to say the least. good for bulk dry items and gadgets. Also frozen stuff. Will go again but not for meat. The ribs were good at .99 cent lb today. But the selection of meats were slim pickins
    bought the cheese spread. Very good.
    I agree Bill Costco is much better and Restaurant Depot is the best.
  • I have been to the one in Clearwater. No great selection on meats. Prices similar to Costco. RD is still the best prices around.

Faith
  • Q-rious TomQ-rious Tom Posts: 116
    It's Gordon Food Service (or Gordon's). Think "Food Service". Think "Catering". They've got frozen sides in bulk, frozen deserts in bulk, and an incredible assortment of food service items in plastic, foam, and paper.

And a VERY limited set of snack-type produce, cheeses, and meat (mostly whole ham up here). Lump, cheese, chips (the house brand is very good) - and an assortment of canned/bagged goods in large quantity.

I don't buy produce or meat there either.

Tom