Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

North Texas Eggers?

TweetyTweety Posts: 455
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We've met some awesome people from all over the country but were wondering how many eggers are out there from North Texas?
·

Comments

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    tjv is in Denton and MollyShark is in Ft. Worth. SWOklaJerry is in,...well, SW Oklahoma, which is pretty darn close to North Texas :P

Were are you Tweety, Sweetie?

Mike
    ·
  • FencewireFencewire Posts: 34
    Live from Dallas. Active reader, need to work on posting more.
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,634
    And Horn Honk is in Plano. There's others too but they are the quiet bashful type. Lots of us elsewhere in the state but a little distance never stopped or even slowed us down from having a party. You planning one???

Spring "Build It And We Will Come" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Probably more than you would think. Consider starting a club. Myself and two other forum members started the "North Georgia Eggers" 2 years ago.
    ·
  • TweetyTweety Posts: 455
    It's me your "cooking neighbor" from Austin!
    ·
    I'd love to have an event around here. I know there have to be a lot in this area, just didn't know how to find them. We can't travel to many of the eggfests, but are having withdrawals!!! Would love to find a great park in this area and just have an all day picnic w/ our friends and our eggs! Anyone up for something like that?
    ·
    Love that idea! How many do you have in your group?
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Sorry, Dear. I meant to type WHERE are you, but forgot the "H". I remember you well. I'm just not sure where you hail from.

Mike
    ·
    We're from Mansfield (just south of Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth).
    ·
  • DiDi Posts: 395
    Me! Allen, TX
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,837
    We're having an Eggfest in Plano Nov. 5-6. Lots of Eggheads in this area , LoneStarEgg, Di, me, masonegg,and many more. I know a place we can use.
    ·
    I've heard about Plano and we plan to be there, but would like to do something before then. I'm addicted! Do any of you ever get together in this area for an "unofficial" event?
    ·
    Sounds like Allen and Plano are the places to be for eggers. I met some really nice people at the Texas Eggfest from there but can't remember the names. Are you the guy that was coooking the hawaiian sweet bread?
    ·
    Haven't been to an eggfest yet. And by the way, I'm a girl not a guy! Di is short for Diane. ;)
    ·
    Di, I'm sorry, didn't know. I'm a girl too, my name is Tammie. Oklahoma was our 1st eggfest. We went and did not cook. It was so much fun, we signed up for the TExas fest and had so much fun cooking. We're already thinking about what we'll cook in Plano. You should sign up and cook at the one in Plano. These are the nicest people, so willing to help.
    ·
    Tweety, you have mail. Sometimes it goes to junk. I edited this. Sorry, Di. :blush:
    ·
  • I am also in Mansfield. Although I do not have my egg yet.
    ·
  • LFGEnergyLFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Dave chiming in from beautiful Keller, Texas (northeast of downtown Fort Worth) :cheer:
    ·
    Now that's cool! Asher's on Cooper has a great selection of products, sometimes a little pricey though. We bought our 1st at BBQ Galore in Grapevine. When are you getting your egg?
    ·
    I'm so glad to see there are so many of us. How many of you would be interested in making our own group? I have talked to Steve (hornhonk) and he has an idea for a place we could have a family picnic. Bring your family, eggs and food! Who would be interested in that in maybe late July, early August? He suggested the site of last year's Plano fest. Another idea would be Joe Pool lake.
    ·
  • edbroedbro Posts: 297
    I'd be there!

Ed in Grapevine
    ·
    This is sounding good. :)
    ·
  • Brian0527Brian0527 Posts: 13
    I'm in Allen.
    ·
  • Brian0527Brian0527 Posts: 13
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    20-30, but havent recruited in awhile. Could easily double it. Lots of good folks in ATL who are Eggheads. Im sure the case there also.
    ·
    My vote is to wait until the weather is cooler. I'm not much on a picnic in July or August heat.
    ·
    The heat isn't a problem if we use last years site. Plenty of shade and it's at an air conditioned BAR :woohoo:
    ·
  • jballjball Posts: 63
    Hi Tweety,
    Jball here. I'm the guy who guessed your secret burger ingredient at the TexFest. They were great. Did you ever post that recipe?
    ·
    Hi John! You're the only one who guessed it. I haven't posted it or my pictures. Too much to do at work and not enough time for fun. I'll let you know if/when I get it posted. Where is Hutto?
    ·
  • egginatoregginator Posts: 562
    Hi, I'm the guy with the Hawaiian rolls at the eggfest and I'm in Allen. Maybe we could have a minifest at Celebration park. Nice water park for the little kid. Or we could Reserve an outdoor roller hockey rink at the edge and have a egger hockey game!

Ed
    ·