Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Updated cook-Beef Short Ribs from Adam Perry Lang

Options
FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Coincidentally, given Adam Perry Lang's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night (which I taped but haven't watched yet), I had decided to take another crack at his 'Beef Short Ribs With Fleur de Sel' recipe from his book Serious Barbeque. I had made this once before but had accidently bought boneless short ribs. It came out great that way, but I decided to try it with bone-in as well to see if it came out better. Unfortunately, my butcher only had pre-separated ribs, rather than the whole racks called for in the book. Here was the result...

4626551453_c83c5ea640.jpg

To make this, you coat the ribs in a moisturizer made from mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cider vinegar, add a rub, and smoke for 5 hours at 250. Then wrap in foil along with a wrapping mixture including brown sugar, honey, and concentrated beef broth and cook for another hour. Remove from the foil, bump your temp to 275, add some additional rub, and cook for another 45 minutes. Slice meat on a cutting board coated with olive oil, sea salt, pepper, chopped parsley, and the de-fatted wrapping mixture and serve.

I wrote up my first cook using this recipe at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2010/03/recipe-smoked-beef-short-ribs-guest-post-from-fearless-grill.html

Enjoy!

-John

Comments