Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What kind of music?

2»

Comments

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Too bad the old KFAT radio station (Gilroy, Calif) is off the air. Now that is some eggin' music!

We have a tape that was recorded during the last day it was on the air. I need to get it transfered to cd cuz someday that little tape is gonna wear out.
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    I'm partial to the jazz classics.. Duke Ellington, Dave Brubeck, Oscar Peterson, Nat King Cole, etc. But you can also give me an evening full of good ole country classics as well. I listen to both equally on Sirius in the car.
  • are you, me?? Very similar list. Need to add some clash.

got to love the Hip. Personal favorite is the Live Between Us album.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    In no particular order: Emmy Lou Harris, Gram Parsons, Flying Burritos Brothers, Django Reinhart, KD Lang, Los Lobos, Little Feat, Prince, Elvis Presly, Elvis Costello,Amy Winehouse, The Police, Jimmy Buffett, David Bowie,Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Aretha, Dolly Parton, Pink Floyd, The Who,Genesis , Peter Gabriel, Cat Stevens, The Byrds, Cream, Eric Clapton, Traffic, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane (Starship is banned), The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Tina Turner, Blondie, Santana, Thelonias Monk, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Charles Mingus, Jelly Roll Morton, John Coltrane, Dave Brubeck, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, George Gershwin, Oscar Peterson, Count Basie, Dizzy Gillespe, Tommy Dorsey, Nat King Cole, Lena Horne, Ella Fitzgerald, Louie Armstrong, Billie Holliday, Stan Getz, Artie Shaw, Johnny Mercer, Frank Sinatra, Pat Metheny Group, Spyra Gyra, Cecia Cruz, Woody Guthrie, James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Linda Ronstadt, Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker, Allman Bros., BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Doc Martin, Ruben Blades, Willie Colon, Leo Kottke, Bruce Springsteen, The Stones, The Beatles, Dave Matthews Band, Natalie Merchant, Sarah McLachlan, Lady Antebellum, Nicklecreek, Bill Monroe, Del McCoury and the Boys, Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder, Bob Wils and the Texas Playboys, The Sons of the Pioneers, Asleep at the Wheel, Alison Krauss and Union Station, Bella Fleck, Sheryl Crow, Flatts,& Scruggs, Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, Radiohead, Coldplay, MIA, White Stripes, Dixie Chics, Gordon Lightfoot, Alicia Keys, ,Funk (like Sly and the Family Stone, Wild Cherry, Rick James. the Ohio Players), Annie Lennox pllus or minus the Eurythmics, Bob Dylan, various soundtracks, and music from my favorite radio station WYSO in Yellow Springs, OH and the list goes on and on...............basically, whatever my friends are in the mood for
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Jimmy Buffett!
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • Lothar
    Lothar Posts: 30
    CBBQ wrote:
    Two of my favorite bands are from KC. Shooting Star and the Rainmakers.

Ah, the Rainmakers! I saw them live at Northwest Missouri State around 1989 or '90. Surprised that someone would mention them.

My favorite pasttime is sitting out on my deck, listening to a Husker baseball or football pre/post-game on the radio or listening to REM or the Connells or whatever suits my mood, reading a good book, cooking a fine meal on the egg with a nice Captain & Coke by my side.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    I hear the lead singer from the Rainmakers, Bob Walkenhorst still performs in the Westport area of KC.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    :blink: :huh: :blink: :huh: You must get a Christmas card from Itunes :whistle: :laugh:
    You forgot Jim Croce
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    I can but rather go to a couple. :)

Mike
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    I remember Shooting Star. The late 70's and 80's. Being from So. Cal. there was one or two songs that was played here. I did have their "cassette" tape.

Enjoy.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Jazz. The outdoor radio is permanently tuned to WBGO.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Jazz. The outdoor radio is permanently tuned to WBGO. [Edit: Sorry about the duplicate post.]