Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Skillet Diced Potatoes on BGE

EggscriberEggscriber Posts: 276
edited 9:07AM in EggHead Forum
Hey Y'all, I decided to show tonite's side dish.
I took red potatoes, cubed them, applied EVOO, seasoned salt, rosemary and microwaved them 'til half done. Then I placed them in a preheated Griswold #10 at 400 degrees with a coating of grapeseed oil in it.

DSC_0681.jpg

I Cooked at 400 direct, turning potatoes with a spatula every ten minutes 'til done...

DSC_0682.jpg

The end result was great...

DSC_0683.jpg

You should try it if you need a good side dish!

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I love doing taters like that. It drives me nut's when you people nuke them! Thought I'd share that thought...hehehe
    They really have a nice color on them Steve!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • ChargerGuyChargerGuy Posts: 357
    Those look really good Steve! Was the microwave a necessary step or could you do them from raw? My Microwave is on the way out lol. Need to get a new one!
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Looks great Steve. Nice and crispy. AND, you nailed the spelling in your title. :)
  • KMagnusKMagnus Posts: 114
    With a skillet of potatoes looking that scrumptious - I'm not sure if the main course needs to be something to worth fusing over.

I've got a feeling they tasted as good as they look!
  • KMagnusKMagnus Posts: 114
    With a skillet of potatoes looking that scrumptious - I'm not sure if the main course needs to be something to worth fusing over.

I've got a feeling they tasted as good as they look!
  • Those look delicious!!!! I bought some red potatoes today and I think I will do them that way on Friday when I cook my spatchcock chicken and corn on the cob. Thanks for the great idea!!!
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Nice! I love them and the rosemary sounds good. What was the main course?
  • BashBash Posts: 1,011
    Very nice. Love 'em like that. :woohoo:
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Steve,

Looks great. I do that with leftover bakers, the morning after.
  • EggscriberEggscriber Posts: 276
    Thanks for the replies...I microwaved them to speed up the cook. It may not be completely necessary but I'm an impatient person... :blush:
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    No shame in parcooking in the nuker!!
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    All ways looking for a different side to do. Nice one. Never seen grape seed oil. Did it add a lot to the dish?
  • FockerFocker Posts: 7,821
    Taters look great!

Recently scored a gunked up carbonized #10 EPU off ebay for $16, just started the lye bath tonight. It is good to see the #10 fits B)

I would really like to get a hold of one of the Griswold or Wagner chef's skillets, using it as a mini wok.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JasperJasper Posts: 378
    That looks really good. My dad always made potatoes like that but in a fry pan on the stove. I should try it in the egg.
  • LotharLothar Posts: 30
    Lately I've been seasoning potatoes like this with ranch dressing mix. Very tasty.
  • Big George's BBQBig George's BBQ Posts: 1,152
    Definately That looks good enough that you could make it into a main dish