Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ate some Memphis barbeque

CrimsonTideGirlCrimsonTideGirl Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We went to Tunica on Sunday so my husband could do a little gambling and I could do a little outlet mall shopping and we drove over to Memphis to get some "famous" Memphis barbeque. We looked on the internet and carefully chose one of the top places, the Rendezvous. Well, they are closed on Monday so we decided to go back on Tuesday on the way back to B'ham. We ended up eating at a place called The Butcher Shop that my husband used to eat at 10 of 12 years ago while tehre on business. It was TERRIBLE!!! I got the $24 prime rib and it tasted like a very cheap piece of meat and he got the filet and it was OK, but not worth the price. And it was so dark in there, I couldn't hardly see what I was eating. Anyway, we drove back to Memphis yesterday to eat at the famous Rendezvous. The ribs were SMOTHERED in a dry rub and we had to pour a ton of sauce on them to make them edible. We were so disappointed so we decided to get some ribs to go from another place people were raving about, Blue's City Barbeque. We ate those tonight, and while they were better, they were not as good as the ones we do on the BGE. Has anyone else eaten at these "famous" places? Has the egg gotten me spoiled? Maybe someone needs to open a BGE restaurant in Memphis and show them some really good barbeque.

Comments