Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long Time, No Pics

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    The sauce for the duck sounds great. Your idea, or a variation from something you came across?

The problem with the plated picture is that its for someone who really wants to sit down and have a good meal. A restaurant shot would have had maybe a finger's worth of the duck breast, a curl of green coming out underneath, with one pistachio and one pecan sitting on top, and a smear of the red sauce trailing off. There'd be a half a leek, fanned out, and a dot of risotto that had been molded in a thimble. So, next time, remember, economy of expression. :laugh:
  • you goof. i dinnit say it was a contest. i just saw something new and original, and it got me to thinking that all my cooks lately have been steaks or chicken. darlene's been cooking for a long while. so, i scoped your pretty original cook and decided i needed to come up for air. had no work yesterday, so it was good timing. house to myself, too.
  • yeah, i certainly didn't plate it like they would at Radius. i like to eat... hahaha
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Sounds like she must be my wife's missing twin!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Nice coozies. :lol:

As if...excellent dinner and very artful photography, Jeff.
  • so you want in on the coozies? only two people so far. hahaha

(and thanks)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Hey, if you're scared then just say you're scared.

I'm just funnin' around a little. I can't hold a candle to your artistic ability. My mind is like 99.5% left-brain. I'm color blind to boot. I can cipher with the best of 'em, but can't begin to make anything at all look good.
  • Smoking Coles
    Smoking Coles Posts: 230
    Wow Stike, two of my favorite things, seared Duck Breast and mushroom rissoto. It was my favorite special we used to run when I was a GM for a Fine Dining restaurant. Your plate could definately rival that of our old chef. Made my mouth completely water.

If you wouldn't mind, through my name in the hat for the coozies. Not only to my friends eat most of the food that comes off of the egg, they tend to take my egg coozies with them. Some friends huh? Thanks for the post.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    That's okay, a non-smartass responder is more deserving.
  • bangor307
    bangor307 Posts: 139
    Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Jeff, since I've been on this forum, I don't think I've ever seen one of your posts that included pics. Surely that's true as I think I would have remembered. Those are VERY nicely done. Good composition, good lighting - and the food looks pretty good too! :)

Try not to misplace your camera this time, huh? You do nice work.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• no. not greasy at all. it's definitely poultry, but red meat, very large breast. great stuff
  • thanks for the compliment. i told my wife "i have no idea how they could do this to order in the restaurant'. i was prepping since 3 and we ate around 6 or 7 (there was some wine delay of course)
    yer name is in the hat
  • i stopped bothering last fall....

thanks for the compliment
  • Carolina Q
    You're welcome. Well deserved.

I joined about the time you hit 14K (at least I think that was the number). August '09.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Beautiful !!!!!! Maybe one of these days I'll step out of my box and do something other that the usual meat burning and burger flipping :blush: And being a can beer connoisseur do you need my address? :laugh:
    Great job on the meal
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Wow! Totally beautiful photos of a beautiful meal.... I'm jealous I wasn't there... very nice!
  • BBQbadge
    BBQbadge Posts: 35
    Great looking duck! Add me into the BGE koozie "raffle", thanks!
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    What?? No illustrations?? Calvin-4-.gif

Seriously, those are great shots, and worth the wait.

But I do like your artwork.....
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    I did read it all! The duck glaze looks amazing. Max got me turned on to good Italian stuff.

Very, very great cook.
    Mike
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Great post. Enjoyed the details of some of the ingredients you used. Very interesting. Makes me want to make some sauce and dressing.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • thanks for the props about the photos, Carolina-Q.
    i found what i think is the last post i did of any consequence, just before you joined. hopefully it will help restore some former credibility. hahaa. this was a cook i thought was pretty cool. i pulled a 'zippy'. was inspired by the purple basil in our garden.

i used to enjoy these types of cooks, and taking pics. but the pics never achieved woodoggie-levels of excellence, and the food wasn't RTD or zippy-worthy either. but i had fun

interesting thing here is that this cook also took place on a wednesday, and a neighborhood mom also crashed the party. i don't think it is the same woman that crashed the duck-breast bash. in fact, i think it's the woman i need to call this morning about renting her place for memorial day. holy schmokes almost forgot....

anyway. if you liked this duck-boob post, this other one is an indication of what i used to post a little more regularly

>>>clickez ici>>> Purple Dinner

anyway.
    my not-sp-legendary-to-anyone-but-me 'Purple Cook'.
  • thanks poolguy. i have been in a self-imposed (and hopefully seasonal) rut.

maybe this got me out of it
  • would be great if you had been here. have yet to break bread with (or even meet) the legend-Woo.

honestly, your pics are the reason i decided a while ago to 'try' a bit more when taking pics. so thanks for the props re: the pics.
  • you're in... will probably pick a name from a hat later today. since i have four, maybe i'll do two names, each getting a pair of coozies
  • i don't post my work stuff very often.... maybe if something pertinent comes up. there's a new 'tower' under approvals in beantown. i did a quick sketch of that. maybe i can post it when i get the all-clear.

thanks for the ego-boost!
  • hey thanks, mang. so, since you read it all, are you wanting in on the foam beer snugglies?
  • pan sauces are even easier. you want a real treat, cook up some steak au poivre with the cognac sauce. easy as hell, and great for your heart (not). but easy and great flavor.
  • Carolina Q
    Actually, I do recall that post, but when I got to the octopus pic, I probably tuned out! :sick::)

Nice pics - not as nice as the one you (I assume) DIDN'T take though...

15026.gif

:lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    SS,

Great looking meal. ;) Sounds like quite the show

Your right that pic 'blows' :laugh: jeesh...still your own worst critic. :lol: I'm trying to shake that from my sons head (regarding his drawing). We all do it, I'll bet, at some level.

Put me in for those coozies :)