Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amberjack Stuffed Jalapeno\'s

Options
Jai-Bo
Jai-Bo Posts: 584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I started out w/ a friends “Tuna Dip” recipe…

I used the “trash pieces” of AJ that most folks throw out (rib cage/backbone) after filleting. I smoked them at 180-200 degree’s on the BGE fer 3 hours. I used Mesquite smoke marinate on the fish then sprinkled w/ garlic salt and Slap Ya Mamma. After shredding the meat (be careful of the small bones) I ended up yielding about 2 lbs of smoked goodness!!! I then added all the ingredients and mixed it up.
878fbedd-418d-4e6e-af48-bfd2.jpg
2a26a999-008f-47ca-b22d-2a45.jpg
27611983-5f60-4b9e-af9f-369f.jpg
0ddbbf6e-d0ca-4402-9f6e-aca4.jpg
04427d5c-02f7-4c84-975e-5d51.jpg
4a43ccd3-303c-4098-a4c3-9a4f.jpg
b8fd57a5-6473-411e-b416-ebf8.jpg
e494d1c4-e300-456c-91d9-e6d8.jpg

I took 9 Jalapenos and hollowed them out. I sprinkled Tabasco Soy Sauce inside then stuffed w/ the AJ dip. Put the top on and covered the outside w/ 2 pieces of bacon and tooth-picked em’ in place. I then cooked em’ on the BGE at 350-400 degrees until the bacon was crispy!!!

Make you wanna smack yo momma!!!!!

Here is the "dip" recipe...

About 3 pounds Yellowfin Fillets.
3 Bricks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 Bunches Green Onions
1-Cup Hellmans Mayonnaise
2 Large jars of diced Pimentos (6 oz. I think)
½ cup sweet relish
1 cup diced jalapenos
½ cup dill relish
Garlic Salt
Cayenne Pepper
Lemon Pepper
Mesquite Liquid Smoke
Olive Oil

Directions:

You want to start with a non-stick skillet. Using a small plate, roll the fillets in olive oil coating both sides good. Pre-heat the skillet. You want it almost hot enough to start smoking. Throw in the tuna. Season it pretty heavy with garlic salt and lemon pepper at this time. Cook it all the way through. (Medium well??) Take the tuna up and put it in a big mixing bowl. While you waiting for it to cool, in a separate bowl, pour the relishes and pimentos together. I usually season this with all the seasoning and mix it. Don’t drain anything, just pour it in. Season this mixture to taste with the garlic salt, a little regular salt, cayenne pepper, and a little regular lemon pepper. Dice the green part of the onions up and add them to this. Mix it together and let stand. Add a few drops of the liquid smoke to the mixture if you want to give it a little smokey flavor. Go back to the tuna. I always just tear it up as fine as I can with my hands. Seems to take out any lumps. Do this as soon as it cools enough to handle. In the same bowl, add the cream cheese to it. Use a big spoon and mix it till the cheese is blended evenly. Now, pour in all the other stuff and mix well. Add the mayonnaise at this time. I usually use about a cup. Mix it all together. Put it in a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate. You may have to add a little more mayonnaise if it’s feels kinda dry. That will be the cheese firming up again.

I add a little kick to my dip, but this is here fer your pleasure and is not spicy at all....
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• LImp Brisket
    LImp Brisket Posts: 115
    Options
    Very well written,nice pics, was suprised to see your a newbe. Big thumbs up!
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Man a bunch of work for stuffed Jalapenos but I bet it was worth it in the end! :woohoo: Thanks for the detailed write up. You catch the Jack yourself?
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Options
    Oh very nice. That's a heck of an appetizer. Good post, Jai-Bo. Nice to have you here on the forum.
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    JLOCKHART29 wrote:
    Man a bunch of work for stuffed Jalapenos but I bet it was worth it in the end! :woohoo: Thanks for the detailed write up. You catch the Jack yourself?

Thanks fer the replies.....I caught the AJ's myself, it's my FAVORITE fish....I go out with a few folks and tend to catch alot....I trade out grouper fer AJ cause they are that good!

It is alot of work fer some apetizers, but we eat the dip w/ crackers....that's why I put that recipe up there too...I have done the jalapenos w/ marinated deer cube steak too and they are excellent!!!
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Dude! That looks awesome!