Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Early Birthday

berrygood
berrygood Posts: 372
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am hopelessly obsessed. Happily, my father is also. Sunday, he texted to say that he got a "deal" on an early birthday present for me. Well, lo and behold, an hour later he walks thru to door with this.

I think my youngest is more excited than I am...

DSC_3613.jpg

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    What a beautiful young lady! Now you just have to teach her how to use the egg. It IS hers, you know? :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Congrats! You're right - your daughter sure looks excited about the new Egg,

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • berrygood
    Carolina Q wrote:
    It IS hers, you know? :)
    When I came home today, the dome was up, and she had the tongs out flipping pine cones. :laugh:
  • Carolina Q
    Good for her! But I don't think even the egg will make THOSE taste good. Give her some rib eyes!!! Or even just hot dogs. She will learn quickly. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• berrygood
    Carolina Q wrote:
    Give her some rib eyes!!! Or even just hot dogs. She will learn quickly. :)
    So far, I have only allowed pine cones, but she would truly appreciate you advocating for some live action.
  • Carolina Q
    DO IT! Supervised, of course. Nothin' like teachin' 'em young. She CAN cook a hot dog or a burger. You will love it - and most certainly, so will she. Oh, and you HAVE to post pics!! :)

She can thank me later. :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    LOL, cute kid. My little girl specializes in dirt tacos with shells made from magnolia leaves.
    Joking aside, I have been tempted to teach her to cook on the Small. At 5 she has gotten good at flipping pancakes on the indoor griddle, but sparks do fly from the Eggs on occasion. Maybe some swim goggles.... ;)
  • berrygood
    Bacchus wrote:
    Maybe some swim goggles.... ;)
    That would send my wife over the edge... :laugh:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Yeah, my luck....I'd put goggles on her then a hot ember would go down her shirt and leave a scar somewhere. All Hell would break lose. Would NOT be pretty.
  • SLOandSteady
    SLOandSteady Posts: 210
    Cute kid. Is that a medium?
  • berrygood
    SLOandSteady wrote:
    Cute kid. Is that a medium?
    Actually, it's a small.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    That's classic! Looks like you got a BBQ Guru in the making! ;)
  • Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    That's too cute - you are truly blessed.

Oh. The Egg looks nice too.
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    happy birthday - great gift

cute lady - great photo

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Happy Pretty Birthday
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Happy Birthday and that is one beautiful future egger!