Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just joined the board

NC-CDN
NC-CDN Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am a Canadian from Ontario (hence the name), but I live in the greater Raleigh area of North Carolina. Lived here for 10 years and counting. I have used this board for ages for ideas and tips. It's great! For that I thank you.

I've had a large BGE for about 4 years and absolutely love it. I've spread the word to neighbours and friends all over. Looking forward to getting into the conversations on here and learning even more of what my EGG can do. I've seen some pretty neat things over the years on this forum.

Oh and I tried to get in on the NC egg event in Greensboro (Furniture land south??) I think it was, but it was sold out. I was disappointed. Should have jumped sooner. Live and learn.

Thanks,
Andrew

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Thanks for joining Andrew. Looking forward to seeing some of your contributions.
  • Always good to have another hoser on the board. Too bad BGE accessories are so expensive in kanucistan :).

Maple syrup should be a key ingredient in all your cooks :)
    TWEEV-TIP!!
  • kmellecker
    kmellecker Posts: 332
    Glad to see you stepped out of the shadows. Welcome aboard.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Welcome to Raleigh, LOL! What part? I've been here 35 years. We have a number of Eggers, but no organization. Just a bunch on lone wolves. Good to hear from you!
    The Naked Whiz
  • NC-CDN
    thenakedwhiz wrote:
    Welcome to Raleigh, LOL! What part? I've been here 35 years. We have a number of Eggers, but no organization. Just a bunch on lone wolves. Good to hear from you!

I'm down south in Holly Springs actually. Sorry I was vague. LOL. I've lived in Apex (ten-ten road), Cary (cary parkway/lake pine), Raleigh (near Harrison/54 exit) and now we are living happily in Holly Springs. Been down here for 4 years.

BTW-I've used your website many times. It's great. Didn't know you were in Raleigh. What area are you in? We love it here. Been here 10 years myself. Wife is from upstate NY. All three of my kids are North Carolinians. Born in Raleigh at Rex. :thumbsup: So I'm pretty much assimilated.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    NC-CDN,

Welcome,

Where did you live in ON?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    I'm in North Raleigh near the Raleigh Racquet Club off Falls of Neuse.
    The Naked Whiz
  • NC-CDN
    Steven, Thanks for the welcome. I grew up in a small town called Aylmer. It's about 1/2 hour southeast of London and 1.5 hours west of Toronto. Pretty much the center of Lake Erie and north about 10 minutes. Went to school in Lindsay, Ontario. Where are you from?

NW. A friend of mine lives near there. I think it's Old WAke Forest Road, where FoTN splits. Not far from there anyways. I used to get up that way every once in a while. Usually it's Capitol Blvd to shop (wife) and when I used to head up to Henderson for work (long ago). Nice to know other folks from the area are on here. KNow of any guys on my side of town? I'm near the Carolina Brewing Company (10 mins). Good stuff that.
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Welcome NC-CDN,

Aylmer -- that is tobacco country or at least it was. My brother was living in Tillsonburg for quite a while although he has moved up to Wiarton. I am originally from Leamington.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Welcome to the board.

Watch out for the Naked Fellow.. :ohmy:

In case you care: Kittrell is due North of Raleigh, about 40+ miles up US-1 You might miss it if you blink.. So don't Blink.. Whatever you do don't blink and don't scare at their eyes.. Ohhh sorry !!!
  • NC-CDN
    Celtic Wolf wrote:
    Welcome to the board.

Watch out for the Naked Fellow.. :ohmy:

In case you care: Kittrell is due North of Raleigh, about 40+ miles up US-1 You might miss it if you blink.. So don't Blink.. Whatever you do don't blink and don't scare at their eyes.. Ohhh sorry !!!

CW. I used to drive up there every couple of weeks or so to do work at the old Ball Glass (Saint Gobain) factory on US 1 in Henderson. Just north of you. You must be close to "Magic Touch Massage" then. LOL. That place cracks me up every time I go by it. Good fishing up there in Kerr Lake too! I can't remember, but Kittrel might be where that gas station is on the west side and I think there was a pawn shop near there too. Anyways, had you not told me where it was I wouldn't have known, but yes I've been through there 50 times. LOL.

Charles. Yep. I picked tobacco most of my younger years. Likely why my shoulders are shot. LOL. Most folks down here don't realize we do that up there in Canada (S. Ont). They don't grow near as much tobacco here either as in years past. Aylmer used to have a big tobacco presence as did Tillsonburg, but it's all gone. I've heard there is a slight resurgence though due to some loophole in some government buy out deal. Anyways, I played hockey in Tillsonburg and dated a girl or two from there. ;> My old man actually does dialysis there at the hospital there every couple of days. Know the town quite well. It's about 20 minutes from Aylmer on Highway 3.

Leamington eh. It's that the tomato capital? All these town have great Stompin Tom Connors tunes associated with them. Love me some STC.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Toronto, and GTA. Live near Orangeville now. My ex was from St. Thomas so I know the area well. Did a lot of automation at Del Monte years ago.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Tillsonburg: I lived there for about 2 years when I was 4. No fond memories but my back still aches when I hear that word for some reason............. :)
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Yep, that would be the tomato capital of Canada. The water tower is in the shape of a tomato and the tourist information shack is also in the shape of a tomato.

Tom

Leamington-TouristOffice.jpg

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Welcome you are quite the traveler! gald to see you already did a brief bio on your profile page B) again welcome, Julie