Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Precise Air flow Control

Options
Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I had just cleaned out the egg with the shop vac after a full couple of days of low and slow. I then re-loaded the egg with a small amoutn of lump and had it stabilized at 400 planning on doing some chicken is a little bit. Well while I was halfway watching the temp rise on the egg I decide to go ahead and shop vac up a few things on the deck since I had drug the thing out. I just spun it around and began happily vaccuming all the butts out of the ashtray, etc.. I smelled something peculiar and turned around to the most impressive Volcanic display I had ever seen. Apparently the output of my shop vac lined up perfectly with the lower draft door, which was about 3/4 open at that point, and there was a column of fiery sparks shooting straight out of the top of the egg about 4 feet above it.[p]Sad thing was I wasn't scared or alarmed, just upset I didn't have some thick steaks sitting there ready to go.

Comments