Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken on a Throne plus London Broil

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight's menu includes Chicken on a Throne from Smoke and Spice. The basis is salt, pepper, sugar, paprika, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder. We're mopping with a mixture of beer, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, and some rub made out of the aforementioned ingredients. After this, we're actually going to cook a London Broil with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder plus Montreal Steak seasoning.[p]The Egg has just been moved onto the porch as the skies have opened and it's raining like it's going out of style.[p]About to make a proactive beer run (we're not yet out of beer but we will be in an hour). I'll post some updates as they occur.[p]HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,
Cornfed (smokin' with Smokin' Todd)

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Wow, was that food good. I've never seen a chicken react the way it did tonight. We literally couldn't pick up a portion of chicken without meat falling off the bone. This was the most tender, succulent piece of chicken I've ever seen! As for flavor, it could have definitely benefited from a brine or some more smoke flavor. It did, however, hint at that strange yet awesome flavor that results only from cooking a bird with a can of beer in its "cavity."[p]The London broil was amazing. We used insanity temps for 4-4-8 cooking times.[p]I was planning on cooking for my mom tomorrow, but now I'm seriously considering just bringing over a plate of the ample leftovers. It'd be hard to top this evening's cook![p]Corfned