Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT Withdrawls

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Y'all haven't heard from me in a few days because I had cataract surgery and something went wrong. I developed an eye infection that resulted in some serious treatment (needles in the eye and drops every hour). I was initially told there is a good chance that I will lose some or all of my vision in the eye but now they are thinking things will turn out okay. It will be weeks before they know for sure. I was flat out told to stay away from smoke. Hence, no Big Green Egg... No real fun... and No ABT's. So when I read someone else's post about ABT's I get to wanting some in a big way. Hopefully, I will get the go-ahead next week to cook them if I keep my eye closed. A day without ABT's is ok every now and then, but a week without ABT's is torture.[p]Spring "One-Eye" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Parrothead
    Parrothead Posts: 101
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]I'll eat one for ya in about 2 hours...getting ready to prep some right now. (don't mean to rub it in!!) BTW, good luck on the eye. That sounds pretty uncomfortable.[p]PH
    Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Bummer! Can you at least wear goggles or somehing?[p]Got finners crossed that you'll be back at the fire real soon.[p]Ken
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, but am glad that things are looking up. Just think how good those ABTs will be when you can see how delicous they look before you bite into them. So follow the good Dr.'s instructions and get better first, then you can egg to your heart and stomach's content.

• StubbyQ
    StubbyQ Posts: 156
    Options
    You want to me to come and fix you some at your house. Cause I will you know. I'll say a little prayer for you. God knows what he's doing and it will be alright. Hang in there buddy.
  • Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    Leroy, stay on the side of caution....keep away from the smoke, if need be. Every one will tell you how good they were, and will offer to send you some. Take the offer and enjoy. You'll enjoy them that much more when you get back to grilling.
  • WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I'm sorry to hear about the complications. I am glad to hear that they think it will all work out OK. Those ABT's can wait awhile...do what the Doc says, you hear? I'll bet Judy is watchin' you like a hawk![p]Good luck,
    Bob