Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butternut squash, perogies, ribeye & jerky

Scotty's Inferno
Scotty's Inferno Posts: 624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's what I've been up to this weekend. The butternut squash was the star of this dinner. Wow! I just seasoned it with canola oil, salt, pepper and butter.
176jpg.jpg?t=1274033211
Today is a nice smoky jerky cook. I sliced and cured 2 tri tips.
177jpg.jpg?t=1274032953
Here's one for thirdeye:
181jpg-1.jpg?t=1274033850
Have a good one, Scott

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Hey Scott,
    What are you using for flavor on jerky these days?

Mike
  • I have become a huge fan of Hi Mountain Jerky Cure and seasoning. The flavor and texture is great. The meat is dry when you start as opposed to the marinade method, which speeds things up. In my last 2 batches I used the Pepper Blend and beefed it up with a little extra chipotle powder. Today I'm trying the Cajun Blend for the first time. Scott
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Cajun sounds really good. I have to got to Cabelas tomorrow, will pick some up.

Mike
  • You will love it. FYI,You will need to prep the meat almost exactly 24 hours in advance.
    PS-Like you needed an excuse to go to Cabelas!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Love butternut squash on the egg. I don't even put anything on them.
    Nice looking cook.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Gotta love the butternut squash. Tim ;)
  • Hi Scott. That looks great. I wish I had just a piece of that jerky.
    Tony Scarpo says hello.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • What did you think of Melbourne and Tuckaway Shores?

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• We loved Melbourne. I never saw the Tuckaway. I guess it was tucked away! Scott
  • I think they are booked for mini-fest. If you want to, put your name on a waiting list with Tuckaway, and then decide if you want to go when they call you with a cancellation. I really think your kids would enjoy it and I know you would LOVE it, it's a blast.

Faith