Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New egg

flajokerflajoker Posts: 52
edited 2:54PM in EggHead Forum
Went by the egg store in Atlanta Wed. on the way back to pcola.
I just went by to see the store and what I couldn't live without.
Met some very nice folks behind the counter and a couple of new egg buyers.
To make a long story short...bought a small to go with my mini and large. It was a great day as I also picked up some dizzy rub to try and a new hinge for my mini.
Now what would you cook for a feast on 3 eggs. Have the whole family coming over next weekend for a cookout.
Oh, happy day it will be, to see three eggs smoking at one time in my back yard.
Yes, the wife thinks I'm crazy.

·

Comments

• BucsFanJimBucsFanJim Posts: 161
    flajoker,
    What to cook, eh?
    Hmm... I'd be sure to include one or two of the Vidalia onion pies. ABT's for sure. an Apple or bluerry crisp for dessert. At least one butt. a big hunk of salmon. Some thighs and drums with a Tsunami Spin wet rub. Some burgers (even Bubba burgers) and brats.
    that's my .02
    Have a blast!

·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    flajoker, I think a pork loin dinner with ABTs and grilled tomatoes (and other veggies) is in order. Of course, maybe you'd like to prepare something that goes with the Dizzy Dust you bought. What flavor did you pick up?

·
  • smokeydrewsmokeydrew Posts: 130
    flajoker,
    Do they carry all of the dizzy rubs at the bge store?

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    wardeggs.jpg
    <p />flajoker,
    My wife knows i'm crazy....I have one more thats not in the picture and hope to have a XL soon.
    Larry

·
  • Mark BackerMark Backer Posts: 1,018
    YB,[p]Larry, you are my hero. my under contruction big green egg page will have an homage to the great egg setups and biggest collectors, and you and the basketball team are very high on the list.
    ·
  • Wise One, point me to a recipe for grilled tomatoes, please and thank you.

·
  • flajokerflajoker Posts: 52
    smokeydrew, I saw several kinds of dizzy rub. But I don't know how many dizzy has.

·
  • flajokerflajoker Posts: 52
    Wise One,
    I bought the all purpose bbq rub.
    Do you have recommendations for others? I will be making a trip back to Atlanta next week and I could pick some others up.

·
  • PapaQPapaQ Posts: 170
    flajoker,[p]He makes six different rubs. Check www.dizzypigbbq.com.[p]Paul
    ·
  • flajoker, the Cowlick is the most mentioned here and it is real good for steak and brisket. Tsimuni Spin (look up what the word means - real interesting)is good for poultry, and the one for fish I just can't recall the name but you can go on his website and get the lowdown on all. it's either dizzypig.com or thedizzypic.com a real good site.

·