Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

looking for a good cover for my large

birddog14
birddog14 Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a good cover for my large egg and nest. Any ideas?

Comments

• Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Some time ago, someone here recommended this site. I didn't purchase a cover at the time.
    http://www.the-cover-store.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=CSP06113bk2
  • I got mine from Lowe's and like it. It also covers the table my large is in. Not sure if you have a table for yours or not. I think it was under $30.00
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    I paid less than $20 for my premium weber 22.5" cover. Works really good, and doesnt blow off in high wind. I bought the same weber cover (18.5") for my small and it works really good as well. Keeps the sunlight and rain out.
  • Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    I picked up a 8x10 tarp from Lowes for about $12 that covers my egg and table. It's a bit different from the picture, mine is blue on one side, green on the other.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Might have been me. I received one of their khaki polyester covers as a Christmas gift. Well made, doesn't stiffen or crack in cold weather, repels water, snow almost slides off of it all by itself.

The only thing I don't like about it is the elastic around the bottom. Yes, it keeps it in place in a strong wind, but it makes it a bit more difficult to put on and take off. That's one of the reasons I used it only half a dozen times. The main reason is, you can't cover a hot egg with it. By the time my egg has cooled enough to cover, I've been asleep for about 2-3 hours and I refuse to set the alarm for THAT! :lol:

Anyway, here it is on my large (nest, but no mates)...

4293597063_693d5feaf7_o.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    I cover mine once it drops to atleast 300.
  • I just purchased a cover for my XL and my Lrg in a table. Seems to be well constructed and they look nice to boot as they have a few colors and patterns to choose from also. I ended up with the WeatherReady black ones to match other covers I have on the patio.

http://www.twodogsdesigns.com/