Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how much should i have to pay

Options
chiefsfan
chiefsfan Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
to get a large BGE? My local retailer in springfield missouri has them at $799. Everywhere else I see them for like $675. Is $799 a normal number? It comes with nothing other than the standard stuff.

Comments

• Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    I paid 699.00 which came with the nest the sides and the 3 tier rack. But I bought mine at a Home & Garden show all setup ready to go. Can you get to an eggfest and buy a demo?
  • ChargerGuy
    ChargerGuy Posts: 357
    Options
    Wow look at this a Chiefs fan a Raider Fan and a Charger Fan :laugh: I paid 899 + tax and it came with the Nest, Shelves, grill gripper and a bag of lump. I would say that about evens out. My dealer did throw in a couple of other items like an ash tool so maybe you can get him to throw in some extras! It is a big purchase.
  • Mark0525
    Options
    That is pretty funny. Thank god we don't have a Bronco fan here :)
  • WhackMaster719
    Options
    Steelers fan! I paid $699 for just the Lg Egg. Dealer told me that the BGE MSRP is $750 on the Lg. If your dealer is trying to sell you just the egg without a stand/nest and some of those wing things, I think he is taking you for a ride.
  • Mark0525
    Options
    Greg what are the wing things? Where do you get them?

Steeler fan is ok...lol My wife is a huge fan and being only 45 minutes from Pittsburgh I get to see the Raiders play there fairly often. In fact they are playing them again this year in Pittsburgh. But the Immaculate Reception was not a catch :)
  • WhackMaster719
    Options
    LOL, sorry, the wing things I was referring to are the little shelves folks have that are connected to the sides. I think they have wood and plastic.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Chiefs? Everyone knows Chiefs fans are dweebs.
    Just kidding! A good friend of mine is a Chiefs Fan.
    Welcome to the Forum!
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    When I bought my Large with stand and nest, I also bought the plate setter, ash tool, grill gripper, pizza stone, bag of lump and firestarters (last two were throw ins) and probably some other itmes I am forgetting. Installation was included. With 8% sales tax, it came to just under a grand.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    You have good friends?
  • ChargerGuy
    Options
    Mark, I feel your pain for I am a Charger Fan in Cleveland. They don't come around here too often! You going to the Pittsburg EGGFEST?
  • Mark0525
    Options
    I was planning on going...If I'm welcomed :( Are you going?
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Eggfest this Sat. in Topeka, KS

http://www.patiopoolandfireside.com/
    785-357-5194

Might give them a call if travel is not an issue.

Edit:

Lrg egg only in NE KS (not Topeka)is $625
    Nest $115
    Mates $55
    Local dealer, last weeks quotes!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Lothar
    Lothar Posts: 30
    Options
    Funny story regarding my egg purchase. I spent a couple of weeks researching/pricing and calling local area distributors. For the most part, the prices were all fairly comparable with some differences due to the various "package deals" of accessories they offered. I found one local dealer whose price was a good $100 less than anyone else I found in a 100 mile radius. I called a couple of times a few weeks apart and got the same price quote so I went in to purchase. The guy i talked to on my in store purchase attempt gave me a price that was more in line with everyone else ($100 more than I'd been quoted not once but twice). Turns out that they had heard how much everyone else was charging and decided to up their price and this guy wouldn't honor the original quote. Confused and annoyed (as I had gotten the second quote that very morning) I left eggless.

I remembered the name of the guy that I had gotten the quote from so I called him back directly. he was very nice and apologized and said that since he had quoted the same thing to me not once but twice, including the day I went in, he would honor his price quote.

Anyway, I wrote a check and left with my egg and I've never looked back. The funny thing is that they never cashed my check so basically my egg was free. Now normally I would come clean but this was a major purchase and we have been having a challenging few years financially with a failed business and personal bankruptcy. I had to beg and plead with my better and smarter half (and had been saving for a few months for a new grill) to get the egg to begin with so I figured it isn't my problem if they don't know how to handle a $650 check. I fugured that if the buyer has to beware, so should the seller.

This place is really a pool store rather than a grill store so they usually use their eggs as complementary "gift" for people who purchase a swimming pool or something like that. Anyway, they don't carry much in the way of accessories so I usually go to another distributor that is an actual grill store and carry a fair number of accessories.
  • ChargerGuy
    Options
    I am sure everyone is welcome :) I am planning on going it will be my first eggfest. It is only a 2 hour drive and the closest one to me so I cant miss it. Well ok if I am walking at that time :unsure:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    chiefsfan,

You could order one from Canada for only 1,099. The dollar is essentially par.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Bulldog Mom
    Bulldog Mom Posts: 242
    Options
    I just bought my second last week which was a medium and I paid $883.00. That included the egg, nest, plate setter and cover. I already had everything else.
  • WhackMaster719
    Options
    They must charge a lot for the eggs to offset the cost of the free health insurance in case you get obese from all the good cooking you'll be doing!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I thought they were the Chefs. No?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• chiefsfan
    Options
    Thank you all for the information. Where can i find information on the eggfests? Do you have to bid on demo models, or do they just have a price on them? Is there usually plenty to go around?

Off this subject, is there a way to set the view up on this forum where you don't have to click on every reply to read it?
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Click on the eggfest cental arrow in the gray bar at the top of the forum to view the fests around the country.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • chiefsfan
    Options
    Cool thanks. Any idea what someone will have to pay to get one of the eggs?
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    Options
    As a Florida dealer I retail a large egg alone for 769.oo Depending on where you are freight can influence the price. The most important thing is just getting an Egg!
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    You got one heck of a deal at that price. Here a dealer was asking $1000 for the LArge EGG, the Nest, tables, and the ash tool.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    I would suggest calling Paul
    Patio Pool & Fireside 785-357-5194

Good Luck!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • tbay13
    tbay13 Posts: 31
    Options
    Bought my large last month at the Gulf Coast Fest, with nest, the ceramic topper, and a bag of lump, already assembled/demo, with tax, $714.00, which I think was a great deal after pricing one new and on top of that having to assemble. (Thanks George!) Other advice, if you're going to purchase a demo, call as soon as possible to reserve one, my understanding is they go pretty fast.