Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The golden rule?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    I wonder why this post hasn't been taken off here. Don't speak your mind too much or your post will be taken off here. :)
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    Without "clean" smoke you risk adding an acrid or bitter taste to your food and a "sooty" look different from blackened by char.
  • Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    Options
    Welcome! A wealth of knowledge in the forum!
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    0eebb44d.jpg

You know Scott, another good tip that BGmE might want to add to the list is paying attention to smoke. Your photo above was one of the earliest ones I asked to put on my site. And my Introduction To Barbecuing is one of the most viewed articles. The caption for your photograph says it all.......

Here is a picture taken by "Scotty's Inferno" showing a nice mellow smoke coming from his Big Green Egg. I think Scott described this sweet blue smoke perfectly saying "you almost wonder if it's even there".
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Bear
    Bear Posts: 32
    Options
    Chef Charles,
    Thank you! I've been actively egging for a little over two years and probably spent a year lurking & learning prior to receiving a medium as a surprise from my lovely wife for my 50th.

Happy cooking!!!!

B.
  • Pharmer
    Pharmer Posts: 37
    Options
    Many thanks for all of the advice (and for any more to come), unfortunately interrupted by a brief dose of "reality TV."

I have spent much of the evening reading and have learned that I have so much more to learn.

I look forward to posting photos along with wine recommendations (per request).