Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggxperiment Results

Options
APDHARLEY
APDHARLEY Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Everyone,
Well I followed everyones advice and calibrated my dome thermometer last night. You gussed it it was reading low by 30 degrees. Thanks so much for the help I am sure this will make a difference in my future cooks!

Comments

• Before my cook this past weekend, I checked my dome thermometer and it was off by 35 degrees(too low). I am glad that I decided to check it before that cook.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    They will get out of calibration sometimes, so it is good idea to check it every once in a while B)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Before my cook this past weekend, I checked my dome thermometer and it was off by 35 degrees(too low). I am glad that I decided to check it before that cook.
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    I probably should check mine just for the heck of it. Do I just pull it off and put it in boiling water? But what if it's off how do you make the adjustment? Someone said turn the nut on the back? I guess while it's boiling. Sounds like a stupid question but I've never done it before. Thanks
  • ChargerGuy
    ChargerGuy Posts: 357
    Options
    Mark, what I did was put one of my trusty meat thermometers side by side with the BGE Dome thermo in boiling water then while still in the water you turn the nut on the back and the needle will move. Mine was almost 70 degrees off. I wrote BGE and they sent me a new one. I wasnt too confident on the accuracy when at room temp it was reading 130 after I calibrated it.