Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I would like to buy a Mini BGE

English bull
English bull Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everybody.
I would like to buy a mini egg. only for me and my wife.
It's a good idea?

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    the mini would be better as a 2'nd or 3'rd egg in my opinion. Look harder at the small maybe.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Go with the Small BGE, in my opinion.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    English bull,

I think you would be happier with another size egg. The mini is a great little cooker but it is difficult to get low and slow temps for an extended period of time. I would suggest a medium for two. It would give you the ability to do full meals and also save product from long cooks like pulled pork, brisket and roast beef. You can't do yorkshire pud on a mini. B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    What they said B) The Mini is just what it says, MINI :P

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Bull,
    I agree with FlaPoolman, Bacchus and Little Steven. I consider the Mini (I have one) a grill not a smoker or roaster (as any other larger Egg). It would be impossible to do a turkey on a mini although The Smokin' Guitar Player does have a video on doing a whole chicken on a Mini but that was more of a novelty than practical.

In my opinion you would be very disappointed if you only got the Mini. A small (I have one), a medium (I have cooked on one) or a large (I have one) would fit the bill MUCH better.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Please don't.Learn on a bigger egg first.Mini's are a cool novelty and will cook some stuff great.At least look at a medium or small first.When you are comfortable with one of those,then think about a Mini.After you have mastered the larger one.JMHO! ;)
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    As you can see, if you don't pay attention to what you are doing you can end up posting in the wrong place and showing your idiocy. :(
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Hey Rich,

Don't take that other stuff seriously. You are one of the good ones.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Di
    Di Posts: 395
    I bought a mini about 3 months ago to go with my large bge. I love it and use it frequently to cook for me and my husband. It comes in very handy when he's out of town and I don't want to light the large just for me. I've probably cooked on it as much as I have the large.

But I have to say that if I had it to do all over, I would probably buy the small. A slightly larger cooking capacity would be nice.
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    I'm just one guy with one grill, went with the medium.
    Curious about your handle, anything to do with terriers?
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Where do you live?
  • I'm ebt lover actually I have a little female of 1o months and sooner I'll get a male. I enjoy a lot grill in the back yard with the dogs around. What about you, something to do with the terriers?
    :)
  • Thanks everybody for you feedbacks.....
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Yup, I thought so. BT4ME. The dog with an egghead...
    Where abouts are you, I have some contacts.
    And welcome to the forum, good folks & good info here.
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Hi English Bull,
    I have a Large, Small, & mini BGE...
    I would suggest getting no smaller than a medium for you and your wife... My Mom and Dad have a Medium it does everything they want it to do... except when they have all the family over. On the big occasions they wish they had a large BGE. I have cooked a 10 pound turkey on my small BGE. My Bachelor Brother has a Medium BGE and he loves it too! The thing I love most about my Large BGE is that it has cooked up to 21 hours at 250 without re-loading the lump. I cooked two 7 lb plus boston butts with no worries. The mini doesn't give you the option of cooking overnight and honestly I wouldn't even try it with my small BGE. The Medium BGE I used my Dad's and did a Boston Butt overnight.

Best regards, Pharmeggist
  • El Patron
    El Patron Posts: 6
    Is it possible to ask a question or make a comment without being trolled by the self proclaimed D-bag morro bay thinks he's rich?
  • El Patron
    El Patron Posts: 6
    I for one, am tired of reading your abrasive,know it all, replies and comments. Cyber bullies have no business here troll.
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    It's great to find canine friends here. I have a French Bulldog and a 16 year old Boston Terrier.