Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Pork Tenderloin Temp?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the final meat thermometer temperature guage temp for a whole 6 -7 lb. pork tenderloin, coked at 300 degrees?

Comments

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    JB,[p]I think you have a pork loin, not a tenderloin. Personally, I do pork loins at a higher temp...325 to 350 and take them off at about 150 and let it rest for 15 minutes or so. The temp will rise slightly. It's very lean and you don't want to dry it out at a low temp.
    Tenderloins generally weigh a pound or less.

• StubbyQ
    StubbyQ Posts: 156
    Options
    In order to have pulled pork you need at least get to 190°-200°. [p]I try to end up at 200°, as do most guys.[p]I've got one on right now. [p]Allow 10-12 hours, maybe 18 hours. Depends on the fat and collegen in the meat. You will reach a level at which it will seem to get stuck. That's normal and it may set there for hours. [p]The collegen level starts around 155°. Once it breaks out at 180° it will shoot up so watch it carefully. Let it go to 200° for perfect pulled pork.[p]Good Luck. Let's know how it turns out.
  • StubbyQ
    Options
    Oops! Sorry. Thought you cooking a pork butt. Need to wear my glasses more.
  • SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    StubbyQ,[p]I'm chuckling about the 2nd line of your post where you say "as do most guys"...there are a lot of female eggers here, you know. Do they have a "different" temp for removing pork?
    Just havin' fun...

• StubbyQ
    Options
    Women seem to have different everything. Viva la difference!
  • Unknown
    Options
    JB, If I cook a pok loin of that size to 150 it is too dry for me. I cook it to about 140, medium and it is delicious. Pork is totally safe these days to be cooked less than well and for a cut that lean, medium is better. [p]
  • Unknown
    Options
    SyraQ,
    You are correct, I had a loin, not a tenderloin. I did go to 155 degrees and it was just about right. Next time I might try 150 though. Thanks to all who commented.