Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Chicken

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyway to egg-chicken so its not pink. Sorry but I am new to this sport and I just can't go with pink fowl. Can anybody tell me how to set egg to make the bird look roasted?
Also whats the best charcoal and where can you get it?

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    folbot2001,[p]Wat the skin pink or the outer portion of the meat? If you use smoking chips or you lump produces smoke, you can get a "smoke ring". This soes not mean the meat is not cooked, just a result of smoke. Also, what was you setup and temp?[p]I like skin crispy and fing i get better results with spachcock (butterflied)chicken cooked direct on a raised grid.[p]Smokey
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    NEED COFFEE, FINGERS NOT WORKING!
    1044 Posts: 93
    Options
    folbot2001,
    Chicken does the pink thing when cooked over wood, charcoal, etc. It has nothing to do with bloody, undercooking. In short, no, there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe wrapping in foil, but then you may as well cook in the oven if you don't want any smoke flavor.

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Some dark pink meat is normal when hardwood smoke is involved. Do a search on "smoke ring." If you eat chicken at a BBQ restaurant that cooks with wood, you'll see the same color. Trust your internal temp and enjoy.
  • Mike L
    Mike L Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks all, did you know that coffee makes cafine as an insecticide? And we drink it. Maby we should apply it topical next time in the bush.