Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pork Loin

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ol' Buddy Chubby prompted this cook for Mother's Day. This was a 7 plus pound whole pork loin that I cut into two pieces. They were brined overnight in a simple brine of salt, sugar, water, garlic, peppercorns, sage, bay leaves, lemon, green chili flakes and a touch of cider vinegar. I was absent the day that the Butcher's String class was taught, but it somehow worked in spite of me.

Egged fat side down at 350 indirect on the upper rack of the adjustable rig with only a foil lined pan on lowest adjustment. No plate setter or stone. Pulled at 143. Can't believe I didn't get a plated shot, but it was beautifully pink, and tender as a Mother's Love.

Glaze was Beli's Mango/Jalapeno Marmalade reduced with Pear Apple Vinegar and Canadian Whisky.

Man, O, Man!

002-5.jpg

004-4.jpg

007-9.jpg

010-5.jpg

016-2.jpg

022-2.jpg

Comments