Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother\'s Day Fiesta......Mmmm Mmmm Good

Options
Goody
Goody Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alright since todays was Mother's Day and Daughter #1's B-Day, I thought I would work some magic on the Egg and make a nice Sunday Dinner with all their favorite comfort food.

Twice Baked Potatoes. Cheated a little and started Saturday by baking the potatoes, scooping them out, making the filling and prepping them for 2nd bake. Here is a photo of the raws ready to bake.

DSC_0012.jpg

Then decided to get a little adventurous and go out of my comfort zone with the Egg that I have developed in the months I have had it. Made Macaroni and Cheese on Page 165 of the new cookbook! It was actually really easy and EGGSELLENT! I highly recommend. Started this about 4:30 since I only have one egg (for now) and had to get this cooked before doing the rest of the meal. I did have to modify the setup from the cookbook a little as my Lodge 12 deep dutch oven is a little too tall to sit in my LBGE with platesetter leggs down. Hits the stem of the dome thermometer. Oh well, went leggs up and set it lower in the base. Worked like a charm.

DSC_0030.jpg

Grilled some NY Strip Steaks. Here is a photo of the raws ready to go on the egg.

DSC_0033.jpg

Again since I only have one egg I had to do the potatoes and the steak at the same time on the high temp once I pulled the plate setter out from the mac & Cheese. I was a little nervous about juicing those potatoes at 600+ like the steak, but I figured 8-10 minutes at that temp could be any worse than 30 minutes at 350. Both turned out well. Here is the finished plated product.

DSC_0034.jpg

Wife giggles at me now a days every time I photograph my food cooking stages. Of course that giggle is replaced with girlish Mmmm's and Ohhhhhh's when she is eating what I am making on the Egg. I figure eventually she start taking the photo's for me if I keep cooking for her! :laugh:

Great day for all! Mommas happy on her special day, Daughter is happy on her B-Day and Daddy had a blast working new creations on his Egg today! All is well! Now if I could just get that mother-in-law to go home since we are 3 weeks post Daughter #3, I WOULD BE GOLDEN! :woohoo:

Comments