Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Loin Variation

Options
civil eggineer
civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked a beef loin for Mother's Day today a little different then my norm. I had 10 guests and a medium egg so I cooked it whole. Removed the silver skin and tied it up tightly. Placed on a raised grid, direct, at 275 dome temp and smoked for 2 hours until the meat hit 125 internal.

The loin was very good, tender, and moist. It was cooked very evenly throughout the cross section. A mild bark was on the outside although softened while it rested for 1/2 hour in foil before being served.

Overall, everyone raved about the meat although I was a little less then thrilled. Loin is just so mildly tasting I really don't enjoy it as much as a good T-bone. I also did the blue cheese butter spread but was disapppointed with it and would have preferred maybe a mushroom cream sauce instead.

Seems like the better your cooking ability, the more picky you get...always searching for the perfect eating utopia.

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    You are you're own worst critic.I'll bet you got RAVE reviews from your guests! ;) I fall victim to the same second guessing!"What could I have done differently to make it MAGICAL instead of just plain old AWESOME???" ;)